03.02 - Language Topic Requests

Started by
40 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 9 months ago
People who wish to learn the basics of Windows programming, the data-types, etc...I found this helpful: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/gpgenesis1/

It goes into great detail and is very well-written.

Hah Coe
Advertisement
what the freak does "in progress" mean?
I''ll never look back, I don''t have any regrets''Cause time doesn''t wait for meI choose to go my own way----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
what the freak does "in progress" mean?

I''''ll never look back, I don''''t have any regrets
''''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me
I choose to go my own way
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
I''ll never look back, I don''t have any regrets''Cause time doesn''t wait for meI choose to go my own way----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
Liking it here Teej... looks good.

Something that I would like to see has already been mentioned, but Ill say it again, just to get it considered.

Could you do something on the VC++... cos I know the basics of windows programing, but I cant get it to actually run a window that I make... I just get it doing nothing, and I get lots of things in the debug saying ''no visual data found'' or some such....

opps more of a speal then intended, but oh well...
Oh well I fixed that problem... embarassing, but I think that it was just cos I was forgeting to put WS_VISIBLE in there to make it visable...

now Im getting another, but Ill figure it out...
I would like some kind of explanation as to what linked lists are and how to use them. I asked when I went on a C++ course and was told that I didn''t need to know them. Other than that this tutorial seems spot on. Keep up the good work Teej, your a top man
what''s got two legs and bleeds?Half a dog!
Shmmeee - here''s what looks to be a pretty decent tutorial on linked lists:

Linked List Tutorial

(warning...if you''re not pretty good with pointers, linked lists will be difficult to follow)...
===================================Josh Ebersol"I'm not afraid of computers taking over the world. They're just sitting there. I can hit them with a two by four." -Thom York
I would love to see some information on inserting assembly code into one''s C code.

FragLegs
I would like a tutorial about drawing splines. I think it would be cool to be able to draw basic 2-dimensional curved lines.
I would be interested in learning how to actually change a pixel without using an API. I don''t know how complicated or uncomplicated this is, but so far all of my tutorials/books just ignore that you actually can change the color of each pixel and only invest time in using ASCII characters.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement