• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

- - - - -

02.07 - The Readiness Test

• You cannot reply to this topic
215 replies to this topic

#181 Thors1982   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 27 July 2002 - 06:08 PM

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "C:\Program.obj"
Error executing link.exe.

BaseCode1.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I am getting this problem and I have no clue why. I have the files linked. I have the librarys added. I am using directX 8.0a SDK. The librarys are at the top like they are supposed to it doens''t make any since.

Sponsor:

#182 thedude   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 August 2002 - 04:48 AM

Hi, i hope that everyone is annoyed by the fact that people are posting all the error massages they have got and not just telling you:
I managed to compile everything and i managed to sort out one problem i got but when i run the program, the screen goes blank and then minimizes, i cannot close the program or anything....
any ideas?

thanx
The Dude

#183 Sycotik_Episodes   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 September 2002 - 05:30 PM

well, i would love to be seeing what you all are seeing, error messages or not, after all to learn one must make a mistake, then correct and watch once more to only see that he has created abotu 12 more, i cant find the page to DL the needed files so all i can do is imagine what is going on, if someone knows where i can go to get these files, please tell me, the link is bad or something cause it takes me to some megaspider search place, and when i cut and paste his addy from the sourcde i went to the same place....someone help me please

#184 CWizard   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 07 September 2002 - 12:42 PM

Look at the last page of the "TUTORIAL DOWNLOAD LOCATION" thread. Someone there posted a URL to a mirror of his.

#185 trOUBLe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:52 PM

can any one tell me why i am getting this error message

Linking...
WinBase.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl GameMain(void)" (?GameMain@@YAXXZ)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/MyGame.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

MyGame.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

#186 trOUBLe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:22 PM

i fixed the last problem i posted i had created a win32 console instead of a win32 application.

when i ran it a message box popped up:

Initialisation Error
----------------------

DS_Init failed : -16

please help me.....

#187 trOUBLe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:28 PM

Its ok problem fixed i didnt have the sample.wav file all better now...

#188 gcmaster2   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 October 2002 - 03:47 PM

You said to get the zip file at "my website", But some funky search engine comes up. Where do I go?

#189 iNfuSeD   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:11 PM

BAAHHHH. so i got all the files for it off http://webpages.charter.net/tatenjen/ and i got the directx 8.1 sdk all installed.. and i''ve pointed my compiler at all the include files.. and it''ll compile directx source code that i''ve got from a CD that came with Windows Game Programming for dummys, but when i hit f7 on this BaseCode1 Project (all the files listed at the beggining of this thread have been included) it comes up with

Compiling...GameMain.cppc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDD''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAW7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(87) : error C2501: ''lpDD'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSPrimary''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(88) : error C2501: ''lpDDSPrimary'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSBack''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(89) : error C2501: ''lpDDSBack'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDDSRes''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(90) : error C2501: ''lpDDSRes'' : missing storage-class or type specifiersc:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(94) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''lpDI''c:\gdn\basecode\globals.h(94) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTINPUT7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

etc.. etc...
it won''t do that on the other projects i got built off the source given to me from the windows game programming for dummy''s cd.. so why is it not finding the directx includes in this project? AHHHHHHHHH. *pulls hair* please help?

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD

#190 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:22 PM

i have the same book as you Infused.
that CD uses DX 6.1.
Teej uses DX 7.0.
therefore you''ll have to make modifications to the code so it''s DX 6.1 compatible/usable.

hope you still have your hair

#191 iNfuSeD   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:28 PM

quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i have the same book as you Infused.
that CD uses DX 6.1.
Teej uses DX 7.0.
therefore you'll have to make modifications to the code so it's DX 6.1 compatible/usable.

hope you still have your hair

i got the directx 8.1 sdk on my computer. the code from teh book compiles fine so the compiler is finding the files.. but when i try to compile teej's files.. it doesn't work. it spits back tons of errors and acts as if it doesn't know where the include files are.

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD

[edited by - iNfuSeD on October 21, 2002 1:28:45 AM]

#192 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:52 PM

you could:
1. look in the ddraw.h file and change the hex define to 0x0070 you''ll see it

2. make the file local to the compiler. meaning don''t have the compiler search in other folders to compile the program. basically make 4 new source files add them to the project. then copy and paste Teej''s code to the new source files. remove Teej''s files from the project and compile.

sometimes compilers get real iffy when the sources and headers aren''t in the same directory as they are....

no wigs please hope this helps :D

#193 iNfuSeD   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:58 PM

heh thanks for offering some advice. I''m using MSVC++ 6.0. i don''t think those are the solutions to my problems though. i''ll keep tinkering. see if i can come up with anything. thats what i''ve been doing for the last half hour anyways. thanx for a helping hand. maybe offer some words of encouragement?

#194 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4692

Posted 20 October 2002 - 07:03 PM

i''m using VC6 too.
right now.
so i know your pain.
like right now.
my arrays won''t assign to each other.
and when i port the code over to Dev-C, it gives me all these errors about the code not being ANSI compilant.

[words of encouragement]Cheer up! MS doesn''t make too much faulty software. I''m sure Teej was using VC6 also. It''ll work don''t give up! [/words of encouragement]

try the second suggestion. it worked for me when i was having similar problems with some code i was writing.

Good Luck!

#195 iNfuSeD   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 22 October 2002 - 04:46 PM

ALLRIGHT! through rigorous trial and error and picking apart the errors and what i had to get accomplished... i have now got the file all compiled and ready to do more stuff. oh baby oh baby. i love it when things work. Gives you a sence of accomplishment.. espeacially when u worked hard to make it work

basicly it was just the compiler being finicky. thanks for all the help. much appreciated.

#196 The Warrior Poet   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 November 2002 - 09:34 PM

WooHoo!!! what took me 3 hours to get it to work, but it works. And using Metrowerks Codewarrior too. Take that Microsoft :-p. Bring on the rest of teh tutorial, I am ready...

Signed,
The Warrior Poet

You know how dead people tell no lies, well I know that dead people are, well, dead...

#197 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 10 December 2002 - 11:16 AM

the links to the example files are down. pls fix

#198 ChaosCommand   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 February 2003 - 03:59 AM

OK... I know you all have gotten some errors, but I have Visual Studio .NET, and DX 9 Software Development Kit

basecode1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw7
basecode1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_SysKeyboard
basecode1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInputDevice7A
basecode1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput7A
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioAscend@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl ReadMMIO(struct HMMIO__ *,struct _MMCKINFO *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX * *)" (?ReadMMIO@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@PAPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioRead@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl ReadMMIO(struct HMMIO__ *,struct _MMCKINFO *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX * *)" (?ReadMMIO@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@PAPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioDescend@16 referenced in function "long __cdecl ReadMMIO(struct HMMIO__ *,struct _MMCKINFO *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX * *)" (?ReadMMIO@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@PAPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioClose@8 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveOpenFile(char *,struct HMMIO__ * *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX * *,struct _MMCKINFO *)" (?WaveOpenFile@@YAJPADPAPAUHMMIO__@@PAPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioOpenA@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveOpenFile(char *,struct HMMIO__ * *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX * *,struct _MMCKINFO *)" (?WaveOpenFile@@YAJPADPAPAUHMMIO__@@PAPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioSeek@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveStartDataRead(struct HMMIO__ * *,struct _MMCKINFO *,struct _MMCKINFO *)" (?WaveStartDataRead@@YAJPAPAUHMMIO__@@PAU_MMCKINFO@@1@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioSetInfo@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveReadFile(struct HMMIO__ *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,struct _MMCKINFO *,unsigned int *)" (?WaveReadFile@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@IPAEPAU_MMCKINFO@@PAI@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioAdvance@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveReadFile(struct HMMIO__ *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,struct _MMCKINFO *,unsigned int *)" (?WaveReadFile@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@IPAEPAU_MMCKINFO@@PAI@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__mmioGetInfo@12 referenced in function "long __cdecl WaveReadFile(struct HMMIO__ *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,struct _MMCKINFO *,unsigned int *)" (?WaveReadFile@@YAJPAUHMMIO__@@IPAEPAU_MMCKINFO@@PAI@Z)
basecode1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_Key
basecode1 fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals

#199 ChaosCommand   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:02 AM

If I really knew what I was supposed to do to fix all those, I would really, try. But I''m hoping some of you may have an idea?

Thanks for any help, I would really like to participate in this project.

#200 ChaosCommand   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:03 AM

[edited by - ChaosCommand on February 9, 2003 11:04:04 AM]

PARTNERS