Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

vsync() equivalent in Java.

Started by Zkd Sep 7, 2007 at 5:26 PM 1 replies 7.5k views
Original Post
Zkd
Zkd
I recently started using the Java language to make games and was wondering if there was something like vsync() that java does to slow it down or if I have to implement something myself to limit the frames per second?
Antheus
Antheus
If you're using OpenGL, then you set it as you would normally.

There's also a way to do it in Java 2D
Zkd
Zkd
Ok, I just implemented my own time delay on the drawing so now I have full control. The only thing I can't seem to do is erase everything and then redraw it. I really just need a simple way to do this as I don't know much of the Java language yet.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.