Direct3DRM Animation

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 8 months ago
I'm not sure that I understand what you were saying, but if I did then why don't you tell it to start at keyframe 5, so then it plays 4 and 5 like you want it to?

Again, not sure if that's what you meant or are looking for....

-Snowman

Advertisement
Hello,

I'm having a little trouble with the Direct3DRM AnimationSet. I've loaded an animation (FYI its a little Karate guy doing moves) and have 5 separate keyframes, one for the end position of each move. In 3D studio, where I created it, it looks perfect, as it should.

When I attempt to run that animation it looks fine. The one problem I have is that I can't do a smooth transition from one move to another. For example, I'm trying to go from keyframe 1 directly to keyframe 4 (lets say thats a transition between ready position and a punch). However when I try, It shows keyframe 1 and then plays the transition from keyframe 3 to keyframe 4, not a smooth transition from keyframe 1 to 4.

Can anyone help, if they possibly understand what i'm talking about?

Thanks

No the thing is if I want a transition between keyframe 1 to 4, when I set the time to like 3.01 it shows 3.01 like it had been the last keyframe. So when I play it instead of a getting a smooth transition from keyframe 1 to 4, I see keyframe 1 and then the transition between keyframe 3 to 4. It plays the transition from the keyframe that is 1 before the target keyframe.

Sorry if this isn't clear,

But help would be appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement