• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Direct3DRM Animation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 08 August 1999 - 07:15 AM

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble with the Direct3DRM AnimationSet. I've loaded an animation (FYI its a little Karate guy doing moves) and have 5 separate keyframes, one for the end position of each move. In 3D studio, where I created it, it looks perfect, as it should.

When I attempt to run that animation it looks fine. The one problem I have is that I can't do a smooth transition from one move to another. For example, I'm trying to go from keyframe 1 directly to keyframe 4 (lets say thats a transition between ready position and a punch). However when I try, It shows keyframe 1 and then plays the transition from keyframe 3 to keyframe 4, not a smooth transition from keyframe 1 to 4.

Can anyone help, if they possibly understand what i'm talking about?

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 07 August 1999 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure that I understand what you were saying, but if I did then why don't you tell it to start at keyframe 5, so then it plays 4 and 5 like you want it to?

Again, not sure if that's what you meant or are looking for....

-Snowman

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 08 August 1999 - 07:15 AM

No the thing is if I want a transition between keyframe 1 to 4, when I set the time to like 3.01 it shows 3.01 like it had been the last keyframe. So when I play it instead of a getting a smooth transition from keyframe 1 to 4, I see keyframe 1 and then the transition between keyframe 3 to 4. It plays the transition from the keyframe that is 1 before the target keyframe.

Sorry if this isn't clear,

But help would be appreciated.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS