Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

HLSL fx file syntax colors...

Started by devronious Nov 13, 2007 at 11:58 PM 1 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
devronious
devronious
With some help from other posts that I can't recall at the moment I put together a package that allows syntax coloring for fx files in VS2005. The following zip package consists of an fx.reg file that tells VS to treat the fx file syntax similar to a cpp file. There's also a usertype.dat file that further defines the basic hlsl keywords and such. Make sure the path in the reg file matches your VS installation path before adding it to your registry. The usertype.dat file must be placed in the VS executable directory. For me that's "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE". Here's the Zip File -Devin
jollyjeffers
jollyjeffers
Nice one, thanks for sharing - have been meaning to set this up again since I moved machines a while back [grin]

Cheers,
Jack
<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ |
devronious
devronious
Thanks Jack, I've been wanting to give more to the community here but haven't seemed to have any luck for a while on that. If you have any additions or whatever to the files let me know and I'll update them to your changes.

-Devin

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.