Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

XM Radio VS Sirius

Started by JBourrie Nov 14, 2007 at 6:51 PM 9 replies 3k views
Original Post
JBourrie
JBourrie
For the last couple of weeks I was driving a rental car with XM Radio, and it was everything that commercial radio isn't. Songs rarely repeat, no commercials, and an excellent selection of stations. So now I'm considering getting satellite radio for my own car, but I'm not sure if I want XM or Sirius. Apart from music, my favorite things to listen to are Stand-Up Comedy (which XM's stations were hit-and-miss, unsure about Sirius) and silly talk radio (I prefer Frosty, Heidi, and Frank over the "shock jocks" like Howard Stern). What does anybody else here listen to, and what do you think of it? Is there anybody here who are familiar with both?
kevtimc
kevtimc
Quote:
Original post by JBourrie
Quote:
Original post by kevtimc
FYI

Hehe... so in the end it might not matter [oh]

Unless you want either of the two soon.

I would defiantly recommend satellite radio to anyone who frequently experiences long commutes. Regular radio is crap.
Zipster
Zipster
I would have recommended Sirius because of Howard Stern alone, but if that's not your thing then either will do. For the record, Sirius has some really good stand-up comedy stations. Don't know how they compare to XM's.
ildave1
ildave1
I absolutely love XM, for what it's worth now that a merger is being spoken about.

But, I'm a little biased, I've never tried the other. But I doubt it will matter. I'm sure that merger will be approved.
ktuluorion
ktuluorion
Personally, I prefer Sirius. Now, I *am* a stern fan, but I also find in general that the quality of the stations is higher for me.

If you already have XM in one vehicle, why not give sirius a go for the second radio? You really don't have anything to lose.
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest o
JBourrie
JBourrie
Quote:
Original post by ktuluorion
If you already have XM in one vehicle, why not give sirius a go for the second radio? You really don't have anything to lose.

Because I don't have either... the XM I was listening to was in a rental car [grin]
Salsa
Salsa
My friend has Sirius and from what I recall from several drives with him, they offer some really diverse and nice stations (indie, metal, hardcore, hiphop)..

My only experience with XM is what they play at my local Powerhouse gym. It's called Ethel. In the evenings they've got Cane, who used to be on KROCK radio in NY.

Anyway, they do play some good shit like Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, and even At The Drive-In.. but you also get a bunch of other crap occasionally like Fallout Boy. *shudder*
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
ktuluorion
ktuluorion
Quote:
Original post by JBourrie
Quote:
Original post by ktuluorion
If you already have XM in one vehicle, why not give sirius a go for the second radio? You really don't have anything to lose.

Because I don't have either... the XM I was listening to was in a rental car [grin]


Hooray for reading comprehension :)
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest o
Jenison
Jenison
Howard Stern, Bubba and Ferell on 100 and 101 are the best. They have a wide verity of content. For Holloween they had a dedicated channel to 'spooky' sounds so you could play it while 'tricker-treaters' came to your door.

Raw Dog (comedy) is a great channel. Hits 1 and others.

Really recommend it Sirius.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.