Anyone wish to Play Programming Games???

Started by
0 comments, last by Brackus 22 years, 11 months ago
Although I realize their not complete AI, or true learning models, I believe that a good understanding of how the little robots or cars can be worked in the following programs is what is needed most of the time by shoot em ups and other games for controlling cpu opponents or npc''s in general. I however, have not found a really good, easy to learn program that is like that, So, has anyone played anything like this extensively? If so, what have you found to be the best, meaning, offering the most control, but also easy to understand. I personally like ATRT, but its coding appears to be too hard for me to learn by myself. I wish for a small group of people at least to go through these programs, or just one. And we can learn how to use them, even if not extensively, and maybe even have fun competitions. I will post some links, right now, please feel free just to look at them, i mean, if youre here youre likely a programmer, and i think programming games would be quite fun if learned in groups! Main Link: http://tpga.virtualave.net/game-links.htm this link has most ai related stuff concerning games and such, so most links i could post are found here. Please look at: AT-Robots (good, but hard!) ASCII Soccer (not so good, but I like soccer!) Battlebots (looks good, never tried though) CoreWar (looks quite popular...) FunkBots (I have this, it is kinda wimpy, but looks good to start!) mazebots, or mindrover, they both cost money, but i would love to learn mindrover as i believe its the best out there! PCRobots (seems aite) RoboCom (simple, and a few flaws...) RobotWar3D (is good, but costs money) These are all found on the link above, as well as others, the above are just my recommendations, Thanks, Dustin
Mess With the Best, go down like the rest, but please visit:http://members.tripod.com/nu_bgameprogramming/
Advertisement
Thank you so much for that list man !
For my project I am more and more thinking of a "coding" game. This is gonna be a great help, hopefully
Now I am gonna have some surfin'' to do...

Thanks again !

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement