Battlestar's Composer Blog

Started by
5 comments, last by John Presley 12 years, 4 months ago
This is a very interesting blog by Bear McCreary. Check it out: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/ He shows some of the music and talks about how it was constructed and used. Very good stuff to read up on.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
Fantastic, thanks for the link. I loved his work with the series, so it's excellent to be able to read a bit more about it.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I stickied this since many may have missed it. Check it out! My favorite part are the actual musical notation of some of the themes.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

It looks like no one has replied in a while, so I hope I don't get yelled at for necrothreading...even though it's stickied so it probably doesn't matter...
But I just wanted to say thanks for the link! I've never seen Bear's blog before, and its amazing! Its really cool to see what his thought processes behind cues and lines are...thanks so much!
If you need original music for your game or film, message me or email me!
Most circumstances can be worked out :)
I'm digging this up from a while back, but nathan, do you know any other site's like Bear's? Just a composer going through their compositional thought process on stuff? I keep finding random stuff on youtube, but I really like that there are literally hours and hours of reading and examples of his compositional process. It's really interesting to see, and hard to find.

Sorry for bumping this.
You're right - it is rare. I'll look around but I know it's not super common which is really too bad as it provides so much benefit to other composers.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I write a blog that features composers and their process for creating. Here's some of the game composer interviews I've done

Music Composer Blog - Sean Beeson
Music Composer Blog - Jason Graves
Music Composer Blog - Sam Hulick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement