About Strata3D!!!!!

Started by
4 comments, last by Xeon_Boy 22 years, 10 months ago
Hey there! I visited Strata.com to download the Strata 3DBase program, and here''s what I do : 1) Open up my IE web browser and entered http://www.strata.com so that I can go to ye'' website. 2) I clicked on the Strata 3DBase link under the Strata3D product line catergory in the left navigation pane. 3) I was brought to the Strata 3Dbase product line page, where there''s Strata 3DPlus, Strata 3DPro and Strata 3DBase. 4) I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Go Get it" link. 5) I was brought to the Strata 3DBase page, and I clicked on the "FREE Download" link. 6) I was brought to this page at http://shop.strata.com/Product.cfm?Item=59 and there''s a "Download Now" link at that page. 7) I clicked on it and a Message Box pops up and say, "U''re being re-directed to Digital River for an electronic download. If you''ve items in your Strata shopping cart that u wish to purchase, please check out now." I clicked OK on the Message Box. 8) A new IE window pops up, and I was asked to fill in a form at http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=0&SID=26511&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=323537 . I filled all that out and even specify my OS platform and clicked on the round "Get it" button. 9) Now, here''s the real problem : Another new IE window pops up after I''ve clicked on the round button and the page was blank in that window!!!!! The address is at : http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Master U can follow all the steps above to see where the problem is, and I''ve tried 1 hour or so to download it, but still failed. Hope u can help!!!!! I wanna downloade Strata 3DBase!!!!!!! :-D It''s soooooOOOOOO cool!!!!!! :-D Since it''''s cool to have our own signatures in every posts in GameDev.net, allow me to join in the fun. More is merrier, right? Now let''''s see....what shall my signature be? Ah-ha! Got it!!!!! "Now pal...I wouldn''''t do dat'''' if I were you, or this young lady might get hurt!" Heh-heh-heh! Cool eh? Now, dat''''s Cowboy''''s speech! Hee-haw!!!!! :-D
"The feeling of mastering and understanding hard stuff in Game Programming is just like the feeling u get when u perform an Air-Walk in the basketball court, soaring.....and everyone's watching in awe......."
Advertisement
Hey man, I went to Strata.com and tried to see what''s up.
It all went well for me, try this page again:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=0&SID=26511&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=323537

I entered the required fields and the download page came right up. Just to make sure, I clicked on the "Download Now" button, and the download started fine.
Dunno what went wrong, but I hope this works for you. Strata is cool for beginners, and I hope you get it.
Good luck!

Ho ho ho! It doesn''t work! But never mind......I''ve already send an e-mail to the folks there.

And say.......as u''ve seen before, those 3D games have custom 3D controls like their very unique and cool 3D buttons, 3D progress bars, 3D list boxes and 3D menus. Do they code all these 3D stuff FROM SCRATCH??????!!!!!! In Windows and C++, there''s this technique called Owner-Drawn controls. Do they apply owner-drawn techniques on the standard Windows controls and change their GUI looks? If so, wouldn''t it be very very very complex and a very very very painful activity? Or does the Game SDK and DirectX provide some help? Thanks!!!!! :-D

Since it''''s cool to have our own signatures in every posts in GameDev.net, allow me to join in the fun. More is merrier, right? Now let''''s see....what shall my signature be? Ah-ha! Got it!!!!!
"Now pal...I wouldn''''t do dat'''' if I were you, or this young lady might get hurt!"

Heh-heh-heh! Cool eh? Now, dat''''s Cowboy''''s speech! Hee-haw!!!!! :-D
"The feeling of mastering and understanding hard stuff in Game Programming is just like the feeling u get when u perform an Air-Walk in the basketball court, soaring.....and everyone's watching in awe......."
Hey man, don't even bother with strata3dbase.
I checked it out, and it's a total piece of sh*t.
Strata3D version 3.0.2 was great, but this new one sucks! They removed a lot of the features that 3.0.2 had, including the animation tools. You have to buy Strata3DbasePlus to get get the features that were free in the older version.
If you can find 3.0.2, try it, it's cool for beginners. If you can't find it, take the time to learn Blender, or hell, take the time to learn ANYTHING other than Strata.
--yoda (disgruntled ex-strata user)

EDIT: OpenFX is also free, I don't know much about it, but you can try it and see how it is.

Edited by - wolfmanyoda on July 7, 2001 8:21:48 PM

Tungs, pals! :D

"The feeling of mastering and understanding hard stuff in Game Programming is just like the feeling u get when u perform an Air-Walk in the basketball court, soaring.....and everyone''s watching in awe......."

Tungs, pals! :D

"The feeling of mastering and understanding hard stuff in Game Programming is just like the feeling u get when u perform an Air-Walk in the basketball court, soaring.....and everyone''s watching in awe......."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement