• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

DevIL Library

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 shinydarkstone   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

hi, im stuck at the lesson 6 with DevIL library, i linked the dll to my project but when i do the include
#include <IL\il.h>
it says that it cant find the library. i copied the dlls to my windows\system folder, but still no luck somebody know how to use DevIL in microsoft windows with VS2008? any help will be apreciated. TIA

Sponsor:

#2 Kazade   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1009

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:10 AM

I think you need to download the Windows SDK version from here: http://openil.sourceforge.net/download.php and link to the *.lib files.

I can't test atm coz I don't have access to Windows/VC++ :)

#3 Kwizatz   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 1202

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

The SDK is just a zip containing the link time libraries and headers, you'd still have to add the proper paths to those in Visual Studio (Tools->Options->Projects And Solutions->VC++ Directories->Show Directories for: Include files / Library Files).

If you had already done that, then I would use

#include "IL/il.h"

instead of

#include <IL\il.h>

For two reasons, first the <> are used for system headers, which il.h is not and second, because \ is Windows specific and thus, not portable.

#4 shinydarkstone   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

tnx both of you.
it worked!!!!
i didnt have the lib files, so i needed to download them
tnx Kazade for the link
also i didn have the paths configured
so i followed the Kwizatz instructions and worked;
again, tnx both

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS