Quake 3 Arena source code

Started by
21 comments, last by daviangel 14 years, 10 months ago
Check to see if there is a file with .dsw extension. This would be a VC++6 project file.
If three isn't, there is probably a makefile.
I wonder what ID used to compile Quake 3 back in 1999.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
Advertisement
The thing is I have finally get an microsoft visual c++ program, and I don't know where to start, there aren't any dsp or dsw files, but there is an sln, and vcproj files that are designed for VC7 / viusal c++ 2003 expresds edition. So what now?
If there's a makefile, just install the mingw compiler and use the makefile.
there is few of them, but can I use mingw compiler with visual c++ 6.0
Just a heads up: Quake 3 Arena was/is straight C, no C++. An existing project, ioquake3 at [link] http://ioquake3.org/ [/link] also exists.

Close this Gamedev account, I have outgrown Gamedev.
is it good or bad if that is C and not C++, becouse I still can't compile this code?
Quote:Original post by nebrad
is it good or bad if that is C and not C++, becouse I still can't compile this code?
None of us are psychics. Tell us the specific errors you are getting and we can help you (e.g. "a.cs(170,30): error CS1026: ) expected"), otherwise you'll have an easier time praying to the programming gods.

You should download Visual Studio 2003 Toolkit (that's the free Visual Studio 2003 compiler). I think you can compile the project using the MSBuild software.
finally, I have found prjconverter.exe program that converts VC 7 to VC6 project files, and I can compile much of the code, but I can't compile quake 3 project, all other projects can be compiled.

I get 4 errors:

unresolved external symbol _glConfig

unresolved external symbol _GetRefAPI

unresolved external symbol _GetBotLibAPI

fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

How can I fix this?
solved

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement