Dark Age Version 0.4.1006 Released!

Started by
51 comments, last by Black Knight 14 years, 4 months ago
Bump,can someone who has DX9.0c shader model 3.0 card confirm the latest release is working?

To see if your card has support see :

ATI cards

NVIDIA cards
Advertisement
I added two new videos to you tube here are the links :

">Editor on YouTube
">Game on YouTube

The new release will probably be ready before new year.It will contain locked doors,keys,levers,traps,smoke particles,the new entity system and a bunch of other fixes and improvements.Stay tuned [smile]
The new release is up at :

Download

Lots of new features I hope you like it :)
Getting this error message upon trying to start the game (after choosing a resolution)...

Video card: GeForce 8800 GS (384mb vram)
Website (with downloads of my games)
Blog (updates on current projects)
Seeds of Time Online has returned!
Hi, can you try it again after updating dx runtimes from here
Quote:Original post by Black Knight
Hi, can you try it again after updating dx runtimes from here

That worked. :)

edit: Sweet game so far. I really like the graphics (of the environments in particular; character models seem a bit bland). The water effects are very nice, and I enjoy the architecture you've created as well.

Controls are nice and very responsive. I didn't battle much, but it seemed fairly intuitive and easy to grasp.

If I had one suggestion to make, it would be to improve the GUI. In my opinion, the game as a whole looks great, but that GUI just seems to stick out like a sore thumb: the wood texture and font could be replaced with more attractive counterparts, and the images in the GUI could perhaps be given some polish as well.

I'll actually toss in one other suggestion quick-- the storyline/theme seems a bit too familiar if you ask me. The medieval fantasy theme has been done to death (not to say that you couldn't make it interesting; some unique twists could still make the theme seem new and exciting), especially the whole "kill X goblins" quest...

I see a lot of potential in your game and wish the best of luck to you. :)

[Edited by - josh1billion on December 20, 2009 4:50:56 AM]
Website (with downloads of my games)
Blog (updates on current projects)
Seeds of Time Online has returned!
Thanks for the suggestions.I know my GUI is very simple and unpolished.I need to work on it though my programmer art is very limited :)

I just tried the latest version, and I ended playing through pretty much all the of the content (though I couldn't find the fisherman's missing necklace... maybe I just didn't look hard enough). It's really impressive, but I still think the difficulty is a bit too high... I cleared the dungeon by what could only be described as exploiting the system [smile] (basically, I tried to get just 1 or two goblins to follow me, then I'd run back to the entrance, and hit them until my energy went down, exit, wait for my energy to go back up, go back in and repeat). If they followed me out of the dungeon, that particular "exploit" wouldn't work.

Though, by the time I'd upped my stats a bit, my energy started to replenish itself faster than I could expend it, but I imagine something like that could be balanced by requiring that higher level weapons took more energy each swing (say).

Also, I was dissappointed after walking all the way to that castle on the mountain to find that it was basically just an empty shell :-) Can't wait for more content!!
:) Glad you enjoyed the game.
At the moment monster stats and energy regeneration and energy cost is not balanced so it might be a little too hard.Also keep in mind blocking an enemy only costs a very small amount of energy so if your low on energy you can block them while you regenerate enough energy to make an attack.To block an enemy just wait for their attack timer to pass 75% and click right mouse button on them.If you block successfully a message will appear on them.

The castle is just a place holder for the storyline :) Have you completed the last quest which sends you to Deheza? Everything working as it should?

Edit: The fisher man's necklace is very close to him to the west.Between the rocks inside the water.It looks like a treasure chest :)
Nice! I see you even implemented the "Missouri" weather system. Clear skies... 5mins later rain... 5mins later snow... 5mins later clear again. [lol]
Gor435 - My Journal - MySpace - Facebook

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement