• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Anyone know what happened to TyphoonLabs and Shader Designer?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 MarkS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

I've been trying to find a working copy of this software, but so far, nothing. TyphoonLab's site is dead and the only downloadable version of the software (off of OpenGL.org) crashes on startup in XP and Windows 7. I've downloaded RenderMonkey, but this is far more complicated than what I need.

Sponsor:

#2 nerdtron   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

Have you tried NVidia's shader authoring tool?

#3 MarkS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

The only thing I can find on nVidia's site that might be along these lines is their FX Composer. However, it only supports HLSL, COLLADA FX Cg and CgFX shading languages, not GLSL.

#4 V-man   Members   -  Reputation: 805

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

I don't know what happened with Typhoon. I was a beta tester a long time ago. I no longer have it.
But I am a RenderMonkey user. It is easy to use. Any questions?

There is also Lumina
http://lumina.sourceforge.net/
and it has Windows and Linux support.

#5 MarkS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:49 AM

I played around with RenderMonkey last night. I found it surprisingly easy to use. I just find it a shame that I must use an ATi utility on an nVidia graphics card.

#6 Fiddler   Members   -  Reputation: 856

0Likes

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
Original post by maspeir
I played around with RenderMonkey last night. I found it surprisingly easy to use. I just find it a shame that I must use an ATi utility on an nVidia graphics card.

What? Use whatever tool fits the job, no matter where it comes from.

Shader designer is dead, it was announced on the TyphoonLab's site before it went offline. Lumina is another interesting choice, but I don't know how mature it is.

However, I've found RenderMonkey to be by far the best tool for this job.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

#7 MarkS   Members   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:15 AM

Quote:
Original post by Fiddler
Quote:
Original post by maspeir

What? Use whatever tool fits the job, no matter where it comes from.

Shader designer is dead, it was announced on the TyphoonLab's site before it went offline. Lumina is another interesting choice, but I don't know how mature it is.

However, I've found RenderMonkey to be by far the best tool for this job.

That was more of a lament on nVidia's lack of developer tools and demos, in comparison to ATi.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS