• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

DOS or Windows?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael.Van   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 August 2001 - 11:45 PM

Hello everybody here! I''ve made up my mind to dropping myself into game programming and I''ve downloaded some tutorials from the internet. Then I found they are all for DOS,shall I learn DOS C(I mean,turbo c)before VC? By the way,BC,VC,WatcomC,which is the best(need not to be the simplest)

Sponsor:

#2 Michael.Van   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 August 2001 - 11:53 PM

Forgot to say something...
I''ve heard of DJGPP(Quake is made with it,eh?),what is it?
DirectX,OpenGL,which is better?I think Directx is easy to use,but Opengl is stronger.

#3 Darkor   Members   -  Reputation: 133

Posted 02 August 2001 - 11:55 PM

Firstly, they might not be in DOS. If you''re programming console apps, you''ll get a black screen, which ain''t DOS.

Internet tutorials wouldn''t get you really far. And even if they do, it''d be best that you have books. You''ll need a C/C++ book which covers the basics and act as a reference.

Most of us here use MSVC++.

#4 Michael.Van   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 August 2001 - 12:29 AM

OK,then you mean that I can jump to VC?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS