3H-GDC m.VII, April 10th, 2100 UTC ($128 of prizes) - Theme: Spring

Started by
68 comments, last by ToohrVyk 14 years ago
I made mine without 'registering' beforehand (I didn't think I'd make it at 2am) but I finished my game! Can I still enter? Where should I send my submission?

EDIT: okay, just uploaded it to here.
Tested on Win7 .Net 3.5
EDIT2: for the record - i did use someone else's free-to-use graphics (credit given). Hope that's okay.

[Edited by - MonkeyInBlack on April 11, 2010 5:40:46 AM]
Advertisement
Done. You can play the game on my website:

The Game
The GZipped Tar
The Zip

I'm sending the Zip by mail to the cap'n right now.
I haven't seen the email yet, but I'll take the link you provided here.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Thanks! I just received a failure notice on the email. Illegal attachment (bad me).
That might happen to others as well I reckon.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Okay. I hope it works (I tested it in Firefox 3 and IE8, not Chrome). Anyway, it's 2 am here, so I guess I should be going to sleep. See you tommorrow!
Yours worked fine with IE8, ToohrVyk.
Sleepy time for me as well.

Good fun everyone!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Okay, I have all of the entries. I'll be sending them out to the judges in a couple of minutes. Hopefully we will here back from all of them by Sunday night.

Until then, everyone did an excellent job. I'm always impressed with just how much everyone gets done in this contest. Good work.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I've loaded up my "game" - GameDev.net's web space seems to be broken, but you play it here. Flash player required.

Unfortunately I ran out of time before being able to implement any proper gameplay (I stripped out what little I had as it was broken), so it's really just a tech demo of what I could do learn to do with flixel in three hours.

You're a bee, and you are collecting poppies that attach to you with magic spring like properties. Use the arrow keys to fly around and collect them all! [grin]

Too late, not finished:

Can't host it anywhere now, might do it later.

http://130b.net/3hgdc/

I attempted to make a DDR like game, where you have to press the keys that show up on the screen to make the grass and trees grow. Of course I ran out of time, so the game play is half done, controls are awkward, and there's no proper ending.

O well...

Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
I'm finding out it's probably not a good idea to use a three hour contest as an opportunity to remember how to do anything in ActionScript. [rolleyes]

Lol, we should team up together next time. [lol]

[Edited by - Wan on April 10, 2010 8:47:26 PM]
Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
Done. You can play the game on my website:
I'm sending the Zip by mail to the cap'n right now.

I really enjoyed this one. Amazing how moving a tile or two can make a level much more difficult...or maybe I'm just not good at puzzles [smile]

F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement