Anyone seen Inception yet?

Started by
95 comments, last by szecs 13 years, 8 months ago
Well written. Well directed. Well photographed. Well acted. Well musicalized.

I couldn't ask much more from a movie. I've read some critics saying that this movie wasn't thought-provoking but seeing how many people didn't get it (even when it was tutorialed at the beginning and I was able to follow it without effort) I have to disagree.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
i think the greatest thing about it is how it takes a surreal plot and while it doesn't make it fully understandable to everyone it at least makes it digestible to the average joe

from the movie synopsis i knew that it would have that ambiguous ending, but the fact that it managed to pass that to my mom who usually cant follow movies at all is just amazing
Quote:Original post by Yudhisthira
Quote:Original post by blueEbola
Quote:Original post by Yudhisthira
I saw it, it's a good movie. I think it has been a bit over-hyped in my opinion, it is worth a watch. It's one of those films that you'd want to watch twice as the storyline gets somewhat complex (didn't help that I had a late night before!). The ending implied there will be more movies to come. Overall a really unique storyline which is well executed.

The ending may seem to imply that, but I don't think it will happen. I've read that he's not very big on sequels -- he's only done it for the Batman series because, well, it's Batman.

I always thought if a movie does well enough at the box office they will make a sequel whether the original director/cast are on board or not, just from a purely financial perspective. Especially if the storyline lends itself to one.

Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't do sequels (see imdb), so they will have to bring in a totally new cast if they wanted to do it again.
But, I see plenty avenues for revenge plots here. It shouldn't be hard to make another.
Quote:Original post by noe
I can't believe so much people here loved that movie that much. For me it was The Thirteenth Floor / The Matrix poorly combined. Not to mention that Di Caprio just did almost same thing in Shutter Island few months back and better. By all means I am not trying to troll here and I assume I will be bashed ;) but really, didn't you feel while watching it that you've already seen it all? Why is so special about that movie? And please don't reply that I probably didn't understand it ;)

Um...short answer. Inception a movie that captured our attention and fueled our imagination. Everything else is debatable and subjectable. Just as it is for any movie for anyone.
Quote:Original post by benryves
Quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know how the music is, but I'm worried that Hans Zimmer is doing more and more "experimental" music that seems to lack emotion (not to mention other things like melody and harmony). Is this the same way?
I tend to find that a good score works with the picture, but this score makes use of a distracting foghorn blast that I've seen likened to the vuvuzela at the World Cup. The
">trailer may give you a good idea of what it's like.

No, a movie trailer's music does not necessarily give you any idea what the movie score is like. The trailer music doesn't even have
to come from the movie itself! I've seen trailer music ripped from 5 different pieces before, all edited seamlessly together.

As for Inception, you won't find this trailer music anywhere in the score. There's like 3 different trailers, and the last one wasn't
even created by Hans Zimmer. Music from trailer #3 is called "Mind Heist" by Zack Hemsey.
Quote:Original post by M2tM
Seriously?

All your posts are belong to me.
<a href="&#106avascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName('div'); DI2=document.getElementsByTagName('td'); DIL=DI.length; DIL2=DI2.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI<em>.&#115;tyle; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+'px'; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+'px'}for(i=0; i-DIL2; i++){DIS=DI2.&#115;tyle; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+'px'; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+'px'}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);">Your forum is in a dream world…</a>

Quote:Original post by Hodgman
Quote:Original post by M2tM
Seriously?

All your posts are belong to me.
<a href="&#106avascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName('div'); DI2=document.getElementsByTagName('td'); DIL=DI.length; DIL2=DI2.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI<em>.&#115;tyle; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+'px'; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+'px'}for(i=0; i-DIL2; i++){DIS=DI2.&#115;tyle; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+'px'; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+'px'}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);">Your forum is in a dream world…</a><!–QUOTE–></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE><!–/QUOTE–><!–ENDQUOTE–><br><font id = "CopyFrom"><a href = "&#106avascript:document.getElementById('WayTooDeep').innerHTML = '&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;smallfont&quot;&gt;Quote:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table width=&quot;95%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;4&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td class=&quot;quote&quot;&gt;&lt;i&gt;Original post by M2tM&lt;/i&gt;&lt;br&gt;'+document.getElementById('WayTooDeep').innerHTML+'&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;' + document.getElementById('CopyFrom').innerHTML;stop();">We're in too deep!</a></font><br></font><br><br><!–EDIT–><span class=editedby><!–/EDIT–>[Edited by - M2tM on August 11, 2010 1:05:59 PM]<!–EDIT–></span><!–/EDIT–>
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
ahahha that's .src = 'http://heavytext.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/NewImage5.jpg'; }void(0);">awesome!
This thread has entered a new stage of awesome.
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
ahahha that's .src = 'http://heavytext.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/NewImage5.jpg'; }void(0);">awesome!

I'm surprised that hasn't been made into a DeMotivator image.
http://www.despair.com/achievement.html# <--- examples

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement