Internships

Started by
16 comments, last by masterchange 13 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone knows which game companies offer computer science/software enginnering internship?
Regions can be Europe or USA.
Thansk for replies.
Advertisement
Pretty much every company offers programmer internships for seniors, grad students, or recent grads. But you have to be in the country where the company is, with the proper working status, before any company will offer you an internship. They don't want to have to do your legal paperwork to bring you into the country. Not for an intern.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

1-Aren't there companies that accept international candidates?
2-Also you said; "programmer internships for seniors, grad students, or recent grads.", so there aren't any internship for recent undergraduate computer science students?
Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
But you have to be in the country where the company is, with the proper working status, before any company will offer you an internship. They don't want to have to do your legal paperwork to bring you into the country. Not for an intern.

I beg to differ. Especially when it comes to working in the US, you need a company to act as a sponsor before you can even apply for a visa. And there are certainly companies willing to do that.

Greetings from the Bay Area, where I'm currently doing an internship.
Quote:Original post by masterchange
Other than foreign students with a student visa in the US? None that I know of. It's just not practical.
Quote:2-Also you said; "programmer internships for seniors, grad students, or recent grads.", so there aren't any internship for recent undergraduate computer science students?
No. Why would they? They either want you to go work for them, or they don't. In the former case, they'd give you a job. In the latter case, they wouldn't.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Other than foreign students with a student visa in the US? None that I know of. It's just not practical.
Quote:2-Also you said; "programmer internships for seniors, grad students, or recent grads.", so there aren't any internship for recent undergraduate computer science students?
No. Why would they? They either want you to go work for them, or they don't. In the former case, they'd give you a job. In the latter case, they wouldn't.

1-What about Europe?
2-recent grad students is ok but why undergraduate students aren't ok? e.g think about a student who have done 3d game projects, no chance for this student?
Masterchange wrote:
>1-Aren't there companies that accept international candidates?
>2-Also you said; "programmer internships for seniors, grad students, or recent grads.", so there aren't any internship for recent undergraduate computer science students?

1. Sure. Most of them will, if you have your paperwork taken care of. As Stereo noted, there are exceptions (some might possibly sponsor international interns' work visas, but those are rare exceptions, and nobody can give you a list of them -- unless Stereo can).
2. The phrase "recent grads" means "someone who has graduated and is no longer a student."

@Tom Sloper
2- oh my bad, i actually want to learn, i'm currently student at undergraduate computer science degree, 3.class, i have 2 2D projects, and 1 3D project. so students at undergraduate computer science degree have a chance for internship?

Also anyone has info about Rockstar Games internships? especially in Rockstar North, Rockstar London, Rockstar Leeds and Rockstar Lincoln
@Tom Sloper
2- oh my bad, i actually want to learn, i'm currently student at undergraduate computer science degree, 3.class, i have 2 2D projects, and 1 3D project. so students at undergraduate computer science degree have a chance for internship?

Also anyone has info about Rockstar Games internships? especially in Rockstar North, Rockstar London, Rockstar Leeds and Rockstar Lincoln

2. As I said, you have to be a senior or a graduate, or a grad student. If you don't know, a senior is a student in his 4th (final) year of studies.
3. Why don't you ask them?

Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper
@Tom Sloper

2. As I said, you have to be a senior or a graduate, or a grad student. If you don't know, a senior is a student in his 4th (final) year of studies.
3. Why don't you ask them?

2-Thanks.
3-I asked them but, if there is anyone who have experienced in Rockstar Games will be very useful i think :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement