If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks

Started by
179 comments, last by mikeman 13 years, 5 months ago
WikiLeaks says that Saudi Arabia urged US to bomb Iran.
I mean in all honesty. What is the point of this? To cause confusion, mistrust, and eventually war? Is there a conspiracy to reduce the population and start civilization over? The Chinese must be having a field day with this stuff. It's amazing the type of espionage that went on in supposedly one of the most secure areas in the US military. I know they're trying to blame some private for all of this, but there's no way he had access to get this sort of information. This has to be an inside job and it has to go very close to the top of the food chain. I'm the Pentagon and the State Department aren't shitting bricks right now. I mean these documents must be from 9/11 or some time during the Bush administration. So all of this talk about securing our nation for almost 10 years, and now we know that we can't even secure documents.

I'm sad.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
yawn. There's probably a lot of stuff in the leaked documents. Making a new thread for each one might begin to spam the forum. Also big surprise that Saudi Arabia doesn't like Iran's nuclear program.

lol read this paragraph which might be changed...
Quote:
As to its concerns regarding the Iranian nuclear program, Saudi Arabia is totally opposed to any move by the United States or Israel to use military force to shut down Iran's nuclear program.[21]
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
I mean in all honesty. What is the point of this? To cause confusion, mistrust, and eventually war? Is there a conspiracy to reduce the population and start civilization over? The Chinese must be having a field day with this stuff. It's amazing the type of espionage that went on in supposedly one of the most secure areas in the US military. I know they're trying to blame some private for all of this, but there's no way he had access to get this sort of information. This has to be an inside job and it has to go very close to the top of the food chain. I'm the Pentagon and the State Department aren't shitting bricks right now. I mean these documents must be from 9/11 or some time during the Bush administration. So all of this talk about securing our nation for almost 10 years, and now we know that we can't even secure documents.

I'm sad.

Why blame the messenger ?, Isn't the idiots who made those statements in the first place more to blame here ?

Its not wikileaks that urged the US to bomb Iran, Its not wikileaks that urged US diplomats to spy on other countries, its not wikileaks that made snide remarks about political leaders.

If a nation get caught playing dirty its their own damn fault, I think this also shows why its so dangerous to trust governments with our private lives, they've demonstrated over and over again that they are incapable of keeping their own secrets safe, trusting them to handle ours with any more care would be incredibly naive. (This is why i think that the best way forward is to have the people know everything about its government and the government know as little as possible about its citizens, a government is not a person and doesn't need privacy, if they can't stand for what they're doing they shouldn't be doing it in the first place)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Whats so shocking about Shi'ites and Sunnis still hating each other.
Iran knows Saudi Arabia, they know their allies and know who are against them, that's nothing new. I agree there really isn't a cause for releasing those documents other than embarrassing the US and it's allies. It doesn't reveal any new information about the Afghan or Iraq wars or would cause any change of public sentiment. Why release it? Some political statement?

Bradley Manning leaked those documents because of how he felt on the Iraq war and that was his reason but most of those documents don't even pertain to the Iraq war.. I doubt he had time to browse them before he leaked them, after all 250,000 correspondences is alot to digest, it took wikileaks months and full team to redact out the top secret stuff. Seems irresponsible to me, even if you didn't believe in the Iraq war, there are other avenues to express your dissent, than committing wholesale treason and causing lasting harm to your sworn nation to defend..

-ddn
Quote:If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks
lolwut?
Quote:I mean in all honesty. What is the point of this? To cause confusion, mistrust, and eventually war?
What are you asking for the point of?

The Saudis are talking about attacking Iran to achieve their own vision of stability/dominance in the region.
The Americans are talking about attacking Iran to achieve their own vision of stability/dominance in the region.
Wikileaks are talking about the talk of attacking Iran because the public has a right to know when their government is conspiring to start wars.

How does exposing warmongering start wars?? Doesn't it create opposition to war?

Also -- it's been revealed that the Saudis urged the US to bomb Iran, which they haven't done (yet).... how does this affect China?
How does knowing that the US doesn't follow every suggestion of it's allies create a "field day"?
The german press is currently all over what diplomats have to say about german politicians.
Needless to say, it's what everybody thinks about them anyway.
But nevertheless it don't really see the point in making all this public.
People talking smack about other people, that's the way things are. And often it's good that not everything is made public - like the saudi - iran issue.
------------------------------------------------------------Jawohl, Herr Oberst!
Quote:Original post by SimonForsman

I'm sad.

Why blame the messenger ?, Isn't the idiots who made those statements in the first place more to blame here ?

Its not wikileaks that urged the US to bomb Iran, Its not wikileaks that urged US diplomats to spy on other countries, its not wikileaks that made snide remarks about political leaders.

If a nation get caught playing dirty its their own damn fault, I think this also shows why its so dangerous to trust governments with our private lives, they've demonstrated over and over again that they are incapable of keeping their own secrets safe, trusting them to handle ours with any more care would be incredibly naive. (This is why i think that the best way forward is to have the people know everything about its government and the government know as little as possible about its citizens, a government is not a person and doesn't need privacy, if they can't stand for what they're doing they shouldn't be doing it in the first place)

Yep.

It's amazing right now to watch the corporate media over here go into overdrive to knock down wikileaks. Given recent events in Korea, you'd think they'd have more important stories to report on, but instead it's been wikileaks around the clock. The lengths they go to at once decry and deny the leaks are astounding, from "there's nothing new here", to "oh no it's wwiii", barely pausing in between.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
You're right we shouldn't blame wikileaks. We should blame our retarded central INTELLIGENCE agency for allowing one person to be able to download 350k documents, unnoticed. Some network security...

I wonder how many other documents got out unnoticed over the last 30 years...
Quote:Original post by Kaze

Whats so shocking about Shi'ites and Sunnis still hating each other.

This is more like Arabs vs Persians, to be honest.

But agreed on the "shocking" part. They've hated each other for over a millennium. I, for one, am not surprised at all.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement