Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Battle Of Survival Gathering Team Members!

Started by Eralp Jan 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM 2 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Eralp
Eralp
Team Name - Yakamoz

Project Name - Battle of Survival

Brief Description - This is a 2D sidescroller-shooter game, but with some RPG elements. Game-genre will be more like MOBA ( which is a new genre that came out with the map DOTA of warcraft 3:ft ) Players will team up, and try to defend a house while monsters are coming wave by wave. "I guess" I know how to make a game which addicts players. The addicting part of this game will be the achievements out of game, and leveling out of game. I am using the phrase "out of game" because the game starts over and over again, but players will make a progress and get bonuses maybe access some new areas, characters, weapons etc.
Also adding new modes are pretty easy, I thought the game only as a defence at the beginning but we may build a team versus team mode, a mode where you use vehicles, or a raid-event.(For example 25 players will group up and try to kill a boss)

Target Aim - My target aim is to create a game which I, and hopefully the team members, will be proud of. And when joining another team when we say "I worked in *that* project", I want to be get recognized. Or even If we can't succeed that, they would write game's name to google and get surprised with the look & community of the game

Target aim in a financial way: The game will be free and I am planning on adding an in-game store to the game (how most of the games are making money nowadays) and extra-money from the advirtesements on the website. I will be funding dedicated server, domain names, website host and some external advirtesements about our game. So I am willing to compensate the costs.(I am pretty sure we will succeed that)

Maybe we can sell the game even when it is free to download, with some extra things in it. It may be new skin, new character or some ready-game cash in it.. But FIRST I want to get this project further.

Compensation - I am willing to work with people who are looking for the aim I mentioned in the last part. I am planning to get this project finished in 3 months.(See the technology section, I am not starting today) I can spare around 150 $ a month, so this makes the capital around 450 $ and when extra things needed I will be gladly add more. But I know this is not enough to hire all the people I need. This will be my first REAL project, so accept that I am abstainer for a reason . I am estimating I will be paying for the voice actor and for the background arts of the menu & loading screens.
All in all "I" will make everything for this project to look professional, join me and if you are not paid know that that money will go somewhere which is needed by the game MORE. And if we, as a team, make profit from this game(Which I predict we WILL) Everyone will get their share and we, again as a team, will be developing new games and I will be more brave when funding

Technology -
I am not an artist, and I don't understand much about making graphics. But I will explain about the programming aspect.

Libraries included:
  • SFML (General game engine, rendering, audio, input etc.)
  • Box2D (Physics&Collision)
  • CeGUI (Graphical User Interface as the name hints )
  • SPARK (Very nice particle engine! For explosions or sparks)
  • RakNet(Networking library)I included these libraries and I made wrapper classes around every of them. I can now handle them properly. With box2D physics and with SPARK particle engine, our game will look great IMHO. Others are great too but they are doing more back-end things.


    Talent Needed -
    Urgently:
    • Sprite artist to prepare the in-game sprites (characters, weapons, bullets)
    • GUI artist to prepare the interface components. (Also healthbars, character portraits, chatboxes go to here)I seperated those two, because I want the people to be free as much as possible. One artist shouldn't look to the others sprite and feel that he must "match" with it, If I seperate this way , I believe everyone can show their style. But again if anyone feels wrong about something I'd gladly change and reposition people.

      In the long run:
      • Voice actor
      • Composer ( for background musics, explosions, or button click sounds, every kind of sound except voices )
      • Website designer ( Website is IMPORTANT about our project since we are aiming to make an out-of-game community like a MMORPG. Website should FIT IN.)
      • GUI & Interface designer
      • An artist to draw loading screen images or banners for the game
      • A writer ( we'll be needing a strong storyline, and this person should design the various things. For example after a group cleared the forest section which choices will they have to go, and what story will add with their choice )
      • ANY PERSON from the team who can give creative ideas : )I will turn back and add more if I forgot anything.
        Of course these are not "people" based. I.e if GUI artist wants to find sounds for us it is OK. any combination is welcomed. I am listing what needs to be done.

        Team Structure - Teamwork is a key part in the game design process. Basically here you will list your team members and what they do. Try not to include usernames of people, this can become annoying and rather hard to understand what to call someone if you join that team and meet them. Name them like such:

        Eralp Bayraktar - Project Leader & C++ Coder

        Website - BLOG

        This is just a free development blog. I'd like to buy domains and website for the game but I am not sure about the name of the project, this keeps me from buying them. If we, as a team, decide on a better name I will make the website ready gladly.

        Contacts -
        [email="eralp_b@hotmail.com"]Hotmail[/email]
        [email="bayraktar.eralp@gmail.com"]Gmail[/email]

        MSN: eralp_b@hotmail.com

        Previous Work by Team - 3 years ago I made a game called eralpsonland, I knew nearly nothing about c++ features those times. So I was able to finish the game.
        As I learned more, I dived into class-hierarchies and tried to design the BEST base classes and virtual functions and tried to make the BEST game engine of the world, so I failed always without finishing a project fully
        But after 3 years of failure I can now control myself and I built many parts of this game and I am at a stage where I can't progress much further without other team members.

        Additional Info - You can read the first 2 entries of my blog to get informed more. Here is a screenshot of the project. Of course everything will change, think this as a wireframe render =p

        screenshotwg.jpg

        (oh thats a big screenshot)

        Feedback -
        - Encouraging
        - Joining

        I'd like to add: This project will be completed. At the end this will be online with its dedicated server and there will be a game which anyone can download and join.
        if people join it will be faster, if not, slower.
        uh and one more time, I am willing to change the name of the game & name of the team.

        Thanks.
Eralp
Eralp
I made a big progress while coding the server.

Still looking for team members especially for artists

Check out
the blog
Phenoca
Phenoca

[color="#1C2837"]
  • ANY PERSON from the team who can give creative ideas : )

That's me
I play MOBAs full-time. I may not have unique ideas. But as I have played one thousand online games I can discuss new game-mechanics like a fantasy-novel writer! Though I usually expect too much from developers.
alexanderedwards
alexanderedwards
Messaged.

You can get back to me through the message, or ajwhap512ham@hotmail.com (msn)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.