Original Post
This may be user error, but I've run into a little problem with alpha blending with bitmap fonts generated by BMFont.
To export, I'm using a = glyph, rgb = one. Rather than setting the entirety of the r, g, and b channels to one, this appears only to create a block of white around each glyph. This works fine when the pixel ratio is one-to-one, but if the font is scaled when rendered, dark outlines appear around the glyphs due to bleeding between the white pixels and the neighboring black pixels.
This is easy enough to fix in an image editor by filling the rgb layers with solid white, but I'm guessing there's a reason for the way it's done currently.
Am I setting things up wrong? Is there a particular reason the rgb channels aren't just set entirely to identity?
To export, I'm using a = glyph, rgb = one. Rather than setting the entirety of the r, g, and b channels to one, this appears only to create a block of white around each glyph. This works fine when the pixel ratio is one-to-one, but if the font is scaled when rendered, dark outlines appear around the glyphs due to bleeding between the white pixels and the neighboring black pixels.
This is easy enough to fix in an image editor by filling the rgb layers with solid white, but I'm guessing there's a reason for the way it's done currently.
Am I setting things up wrong? Is there a particular reason the rgb channels aren't just set entirely to identity?