Selling eternal life! Is anyone interested?

Started by
64 comments, last by Hodgman 12 years, 11 months ago
If it was possible to make a robot to contain your memories, I think eventually the robot will realize that these memories are not his/her but rather someone elses. From then on, it will change its own life to do what "it" wants to do versus what the memories are. It will create its own identity versus copying someone elses...
Current Project:
* Project Lavapit (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.2)
* Mass Invasion (Using Visual C++ Studio, Version 1.2) [Minor break]
* Invasion -Port- (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.1)

* Codename Alias (Using GM; Version 1.0)

* Eternal Remien (Using RPG Maker VX; Version 2.2)

* R.E.X. (Unknown Program; Ideas Only)

Current Members:
Troy Cabal (Game Art & Design Major)
Francis Simon (Business Major)
Calvin "Romell" Mathes (Business Major)
Zane Castillo (English Major)
Advertisement

If it was possible to make a robot to contain your memories, I think eventually the robot will realize that these memories are not his/her but rather someone elses. From then on, it will change its own life to do what "it" wants to do versus what the memories are. It will create its own identity versus copying someone elses...

We are not just talking about memories here, we are talking about your entire brain! What you want will be what it wants and that is without question but the thing I'm not so sure about is what would happen to a person if they were given such endless potential. Personally I'm quite sure if I were put into a machine the first thing I would start considering would be to make copies of myself.
I'll pass. I'd rather go to heaven. I'm tired. Exhausted. Broken into million pieces already.

Please, god, pretty please... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsmile.gif
I would absolutely live in a robot (me being my brain)! I would love an endless timeline to research, advance, build and create - it opens up vast possibilities in art, technology, exploration, etc.
The absence of pain would be nice.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

I would absolutely live in a robot (me being my brain)! I would love an endless timeline to research, advance, build and create - it opens up vast possibilities in art, technology, exploration, etc.

It also opens up exciting possibiliies for super-crime and dominion over mankind.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

[quote name='Chris Reynolds' timestamp='1305026796' post='4808914']

It also opens up exciting possibiliies for super-crime and dominion over mankind.
[/quote]

This is true and it's part of the reason I'm so interested! Bahhahahaha!

[quote name='Zeypher' timestamp='1304928840' post='4808426']

We are not just talking about memories here, we are talking about your entire brain! What you want will be what it wants and that is without question but the thing I'm not so sure about is what would happen to a person if they were given such endless potential. Personally I'm quite sure if I were put into a machine the first thing I would start considering would be to make copies of myself.
[/quote]

Evetually I think at first it would be amazing and you can finally achieve all the goals you set out to do that your human body couldn't survive through. But after you completed all the goals you have, what more is there to really live for. I think you could evenutally be bored and feel like there's much else to do. Then again others like myself always have different goals to achieve so once I finish one task, two pop up that I could do. So this would benefit those with similar desires.
Current Project:
* Project Lavapit (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.2)
* Mass Invasion (Using Visual C++ Studio, Version 1.2) [Minor break]
* Invasion -Port- (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.1)

* Codename Alias (Using GM; Version 1.0)

* Eternal Remien (Using RPG Maker VX; Version 2.2)

* R.E.X. (Unknown Program; Ideas Only)

Current Members:
Troy Cabal (Game Art & Design Major)
Francis Simon (Business Major)
Calvin "Romell" Mathes (Business Major)
Zane Castillo (English Major)
It's an interesting concept. What makes you, you? What's the difference between going to sleep and waking with a set of memories and dying and waking inside a machine with a set of memories? Assuming the technology existed, if you could replace part of your brain with a machine (let's say it could cure alzheimers), would you still be you?

If you had a wasting disease in the brain (and we all do, it's called age!) and you gradually replaced your carbon with silicon, at what point do you transition?

What about a star trek style transporter? It essentially destroys you and recreates you somewhere else.

I really don't know the answer to this, but I suspect if we do develop that kind of technology (digitising consciousness, not transporters), society will gradually come to accept it as normal, even if only in an evolutionary sense.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
what happens when the first virus comes ?
oh no, sorry sir you have been infected and we now have to delete you to stop the speading.
well that did not end well for "you" / copy

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement