What does GDNet think about my game engine?

Started by
117 comments, last by Washu 12 years, 8 months ago

What makes this engine "next generation"?

Marketing.

More precisely, what makes this an "engine?"[/quote]Resource (BSP) loader, renderer, controls.
Advertisement

[quote name='phantom' timestamp='1314123085' post='4852871']

Marketing.
[/quote]

It's a good job we are on gamemarketing.net then... oh wait...

[quote name='phantom' timestamp='1314123085' post='4852871']

Marketing.

More precisely, what makes this an "engine?"[/quote]Resource (BSP) loader, renderer, controls.
[/quote]

There are many many features not demonstrated in this test. Also it's loading an FBX file not a BSP file.

There are many many features not demonstrated in this test. Also it's loading an FBX file not a BSP file.

Yes, but that doesn't answer my question; what makes it 'next generation'?

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1314135264' post='4852969']

[/quote]

It's not... Yet...
Looks great so far. I definitely have to give props to anybody with the follow-through to get this far. Keep it up!
Looks good to me...you can now start add some gameplay(like shooting barrels or whatnot) and some effects(particles...) to live it up.

If I may ask, how did you converted the TF2 map to FBX? I'm interested in that myself.

Looks good to me...you can now start add some gameplay(like shooting barrels or whatnot) and some effects(particles...) to live it up.

If I may ask, how did you converted the TF2 map to FBX? I'm interested in that myself.

I used Crafty. Make sure to set the profile in the object viewer and then restart it or textures will not load right. Also it already can do those things but before I make another demo I have 4 things that need to be done.

1. Character animation.
2. Character path finding
3. Shadow Mapping.
4. Map editor

[quote name='phantom' timestamp='1314135653' post='4852972']
[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1314135264' post='4852969']

[/quote]

It's not... Yet...
[/quote]

I see... *looks at 'about' box on website*
I see...

OK, so what planned features do you have which make it 'next generation'?
you created something that will be a good codebase for your future 3d works. enjoy the result of your work, go, and create some real games with it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement