Original Post
Cheers,
I've run into a small issue on one machine with two video cards. The other is used mainly to run web solutions simultaneously with high-end stuff running on the main NVidia card. For some reason no matter how I initialize OpenGL window, it uses the low-end video card and drivers. I assume this is because it is OpenGL compatible as well as was actually installed prior to NVidia card, thus having its drivers showing up in the registries first.
I know this is mainly user/OS side driver/config issue, but I'd love to create a user-friendly way to go around this; Simply by allowing user choose the display driver from the ones available if the default doesn't suit his/her/its needs.
So, is there a way to force OpenGL Windows application to choose a different video card / driver as opposed to the one Windows defaults it to?
I didn't manage to find any articles / topics about this, but feel free to point me to one if this has already been discussed elsewhere.
I've run into a small issue on one machine with two video cards. The other is used mainly to run web solutions simultaneously with high-end stuff running on the main NVidia card. For some reason no matter how I initialize OpenGL window, it uses the low-end video card and drivers. I assume this is because it is OpenGL compatible as well as was actually installed prior to NVidia card, thus having its drivers showing up in the registries first.
I know this is mainly user/OS side driver/config issue, but I'd love to create a user-friendly way to go around this; Simply by allowing user choose the display driver from the ones available if the default doesn't suit his/her/its needs.
So, is there a way to force OpenGL Windows application to choose a different video card / driver as opposed to the one Windows defaults it to?
I didn't manage to find any articles / topics about this, but feel free to point me to one if this has already been discussed elsewhere.