[MMORPG] Forsaken Studios is looking for skilled Coders, 3D Artists, Animators, and Texture Artists.

Started by
17 comments, last by Lee Perkins 12 years, 1 month ago

site_logo.png

[size=2]

[size=2]Company Name: Forsaken Studios

[size=2]Project name: Embers of Caerus

[size=2]Brief description:

[size=2]We are developing a next-generation Sandbox MMORPG of an epic scale. We cannot currently discuss specifics of the features we have planned until an NDA is signed, but for information on the vision of the project, please read our Creative Directors vision.

[size=2]The Vision

[size=2]The team was started by a group of individually skilled professionals who met through various MMORPG games and and communities over the last decade. The team shared two things, passion for the genre, and a view that while other MMORPGs have had great vision, none of them have actually managed to hit the mark with the right balance of features and content to promote a full and healthy sandbox game.

[size=2]The lore and backstory for the game has been in development by Rob Steele (creative director, and author) over the last few years, and is based on his latest novel with its associated notes. This has since been expanded and adapted to fit an MMORPG sandbox setting, and include extra depth and diversity where needed.

[size=2]Currently we have a very active community that is interested in our game, and it's development, and we need more talent to achieve our current goals.

[size=2]Target aim:

[size=2]Retail - We have a projected 4-5 year development, and business plan, leading to the retail release of our game.

[size=2]Compensation:

[size=2]Through donations of our fans (650+), and personal investment, we have just recently purchased a 6 month license on the Havok Vision Engine.

[size=2]The entire team (currently 50+) has been working on a voluntary basis (many working full time) to develop their passion for what we are doing, and the opportunity this project provides.

[size=2]After our 6 month license is over, we will be presenting our results, and our business, and development plans to several currently interested investors.

[size=2]Investment will be secured, and at that point anyone who has been committed to the project, will be invited out to the Texas office and offered a wage to work full time on the project.

[size=2]Technology:

[size=2]We are developing for the PC market solely, and we are working with the Havok Vision 8 engine from Trinigy, along with other third party packages (e.g. Speedtree 5 etc).

[size=2]The artists are currently working with Maya, 3DS max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Blender and world building using vForge.

[size=2]The coders are using visual studio 2010, and vForge script editing tools.

[size=2]Programming talent needed:

[size=2]Programmers to join the coding team:

[size=2] AI programmer - knowledge of C++ and AI techniques required, LUA script desirable

[size=2] Graphics programmers - knowledge of programming shaders etc required (HLSL), C++ desirable

[size=2] Core/network/feature programmers - C++ required, C# and LUA script desirable

[size=2]Artist talent needed:

3D Artist - (Needs zbrush/mudbox, UV and texturing skills)
Comic Strip Artist
Shader Artist

[size=2]All applicants will be subject to an interview/skill test, and will be required to sign an NDA to commence work on the project.

[size=2]Team structure:

[size=2]Creative Director - Rob Steele

[size=2]Project Manager - Nick West (ex-director EA Europe)

[size=2]Art Director - Lee Perkins

[size=2]Technical Director/Lead Programmer - David Belcher

[size=2]Audio Lead - Miles Hancock

[size=2]Current team size[size=2]- 54

[size=2]Website:

[size=2]Game Site - http://www.embersofcaerus.com

[size=2]Company Site - http://www.forsakenstudios.com

[size=2]Contacts:

[size=2]Programmers contact - davebelcher (at) forsakenstudios.com

[size=2]Artists/Modellers/Animators contact Lee Perkins - leeperkins (at) forsakenstudios.com

[size=2]Also feel free to fill in a reply to this post when you have sent an e-mail.

[size=2]Previous Work by Team:

[size=2]Various members of our team have worked on large and small scale games, including MMO's of other genres. Some studios include Electronic Arts UK, Tailtale Studios, and Espada Entertainment.

[size=2]Additional Info:

ENGINE TEST - On Youtube

DUNGEON TEST - On Youtube

[size=2]Wallpaper3_1900x1200.jpg

[size=2]Wallpaper5_1900x1200.jpg
Advertisement
Nice. I remember seeing this on Massively. :)

The youtube link is broken.

I think it was supposed to be this one. :wink:
Thanks for pointing that out, strangely it was the correct link, just wouldn't work in the media code, bizarre. :)

Thanks again
Been following these guys a bit now, seeing some of their work (and work at the same time through livestream!) and it's a pretty cool project. Seems to be a large project at that, but from what I've seen and read from these guys (n you gals too!), they really have their heads in the right spot and aren't just doing this "cuz it'd be cool."
It looks like info [at] forsakenstudios [dot] com is full. I tried contacting you there but my email wouldnt go through. I went ahead and sent you a PM :)
Jim Welch
WelchCompositions
Hello there Jim, I did get your emails, seems I am having an issue with that, I have spoke to Arthur our sound Director and he will contact you.

Thanks
also sent email. (just now)
It is definitely an exciting time for our project :)

This thread is a refresh of our previous post: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/608138-mmo-forsaken-studios-coders-artists-and-sound-engineers-needed-for-established-team/

If have the passion, and think you have what it takes, give us a call!

Dave
David Belcher

Technical Director
Forsaken Studios
Thank you to all who have applied and I am looking forward to working with you all.

I am however still looking for talented 3D artists, riggers and animators.

Let me know if your interested.
Now have 3 professional riggers, still looking for talented character/creature artists!

Also have some spots for talented concept artists. One for ilustrations and maybe 2 comic strip artists.

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement