Team name:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
No team name as of yet

Project name:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
No projects currently

Brief description:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
Basically, What I want to do is to find like minded people that are at around the same skill level as me and basically build an idea from scratch. It will be purely for enhancing our level of programming skills and to learn new things. And possibly move on to bigger and better things. [/font]
[font="Arial"]

Target aim:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
I plan to create a team of hobbyist programmers that are trying to get better and be able to break into the industry. It is purely an "on the side" type of deal, we have a meeting on skype for example, and just throw around some ideas of some game we would like to create. And just start doing it. No pressure, no anything, Just working in a team and learning. There is no problem with going inactive for a couple moths or whatever, That is the benefit here. We are not necessarily trying to complete a project!

Compensation:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
Just experience I suppose. But who knows, perhaps in the future we get to know each other very well and end up creating an awesome game!

Technology:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
The languages I currently have used are Java,c++,c#. Again, it does not really matter about the technology though, if you are a new-ish games programmer and want to try working in a team with no strings then I think this is for you.

Talent needed:

Anyone interested in programming really. Just remember though, Don't expect that you will see anything you submit in a game anytime soon! You are welcome to just come and throw ideas about.

[/font][font=Arial][size=2]NOTE: Only programmers, no "designers" because ideas can get out of control.[/font][font="Arial"]

Team structure:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
Cairn - Me (Programmer)[/font]
[font="Arial"]Izzy (Spriter)

Don't have a website. Will probably just use an IRC client or Skype to chat.

Contacts:

my Skype name: cairn.overturf
email: cairnc@gmail.com[/font]

[font="Arial"]Izzy's Skype name: izzy_the_hedgehog[/font]
[font="Arial"]
I would normally be online after 3 o clock.

Previous Work by Team:[/font]
[font="Arial"]
None

Additional Info:

My time zone is [/font][font="Arial"]UTC-7/Mountain Time (US)[/font]
[font="Arial"]so just take that into consideration.

ANY[/font]
Advertisement
And what is the plan generally? Is there currently a concept? Which engine / libraries will you be using? etc.
i suggest, that you seek a team here...
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/613201-create-a-newbie-team-for-experience/page__st__20__gopid__4885856#entry4885856
quite similair to this post, a "study group"...

i suggest, that you seek a team here...
http://www.gamedev.n...56#entry4885856
quite similair to this post, a "study group"...

From reading that thread. It seems that his team never got off the ground.
Yeah nothing ever happened with that team and several people requested something similar, So that's what this is.
What I don't understand is why don't people gain experience with teams that have actually formed and started making a game? You then know that that motivation isn't going to go.

What I don't understand is why don't people gain experience with teams that have actually formed and started making a game? You then know that that motivation isn't going to go.

It's because not everyone shares the vision currently on the table...just because you have a project going doesn't mean everyone is into it. YOU need to realise that before you post
I would love to join, P.M. me
I would love to join aswell, P.M. me too!
BTW I'm in UK
I would like to join too ;)
P.M me pls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement