[Wanted] Programmers for UDK Feudal Japanese Game

Started by
0 comments, last by MattCan36 12 years, 3 months ago
Team name:
+Mpact Games, LLC.

Project name:
Hanako - Feudal Japanese Combat

Brief description:
The project began as a college project and has evolved into a full-fledged indie project. Our early tech demo had 2 years of dev time put in. The art is all being re-done and the design has been adapted to be more immersive. The entire art team is professional although we are working remotely for the most part but based out of Atlanta.

The game is a third-person gestural melee combat game in UDK featuring a simple, skill-based class progression system, gesutral melee combat, online campaign mode, episodic single-player allowing us to communicate important narrative lessons which is the main goal of MPact Games as an entity.

Target aim:
The tech demo is the first goal which is one episode of Single Player (2.5-5 hours of gameplay), one line of online campaign (this will be explained once you show interest in the game, it's 5 MP maps), the samurai class tree (ninja and ronin will be implemented later). The art team can meet these requirements within 1-2 years if we get the required tech.

This will be released retail via Steam, I have connections with publishers and it's possible we may go that route or self-publish to steam.

Compensation:
This will be royalties based since we are operating without funding. Percentages will be discussed in private based on sustained contributions.

Technology:
Unreal Development Kit

Talent needed:
Programmers, we have a few that are more in a "spot-help" capacity. The more the better as I can keep workloads managable for everyone. The ideal situation would be someone who loves the theme and design of the game and wants to take the reigns of the codebase and really make something great.

Team structure:
We presently have two spot-help programmers, one writer, a team of co-designers, two character artists, two environment artists, one rigger, one animator and a two man sound team. I am the creative director and lead environment/level designer of the game.

http://www.moddb.com/games/hanako-feudal-japanese-combat - the content is outdated but it shows our previous progress. Our new content is going to be at a much higher quality since all of the artists on the revamped team work at professional studios (me included).

Contacts:
matt@mpactgames.com or mattyfresh36 on skype (worst username ever I know, I was like 16 when I got it)

Previous Work by Team:
Hanako was a very popular college project in the Southeast and got a lot of recognition. Other team members have worked on professional titles like Global Agenda, Smite and Tribes: Ascend. Our writer has worked on various LARPs and is co-designing a steampunk MMO. The team is amazingly talented and we just need a talented programming team to help make it all work.

Additional Info:
The game is centered around the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan in a historical fiction sense. The multiplayer features a triangular game world design based around 3 feuding clans in which players can choose to enter a battlefield and you try to fight your way through various maps to the opposing team's castle to assassinate their daimyo. The single-player campaign you take the reigns of the young Hanako Kan, the heir to the Hanako clan. Through his various episodic adventures the player explores the game world learning and enjoying the mechanics of the game while also learning valuable lessons (the pinnacle of why we make games at MPact) communicated through strong writing such as: initiation (rite of passage), loyalty, honor, and other lessons typical of the code of Bushido that players could reflect upon and ideally apply to their modern life.

We are seeking to experiment with some artistic liberties that would help supplement the realistic art style with elements that may be seen in "art games." A lot of the visual feedback centers around the lotus and will be integrated to the HUD and mechanics (pickups are lotuses, the HUD will feature for example a red lotus which loses pedals as the player takes damage).

Any feedback is welcome, and I'm happy to answer any questions.
Advertisement
We have received some inquiries but are still looking for more contributors.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement