Original Post
At loaded an obj file with only position and index information, which was pretty easy, but now I'm trying to load a model with a texture and I can''t figure out how to load it. Here's the file I'm trying to load
My questions are, why are there only 4 texture coordinates, instead of one per position, and why are there two numbers in the index data (e.g. 1/1, instead of just 1).
I hope that makes sense, and thanks.
# Blender v2.61 (sub 0) OBJ File: ''
# www.blender.org
mtllib test.mtl
o Cube
v 0.084387 1.041998 1.380985
v 1.787577 -0.810491 2.263559
v 1.972670 -0.890549 -0.737845
v 0.846381 1.450942 -0.422381
v -1.606249 0.376086 0.492014
v -1.123801 -1.126540 0.529063
v -0.443052 -0.778175 -1.432912
v -0.944857 0.871989 -1.310104
vt 0.000000 0.000000
vt 1.000000 0.000000
vt 1.000000 1.000000
vt 0.000000 1.000000
usemtl Material_texture.bmp
s off
f 1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4
f 5/1 8/2 7/3 6/4
f 1/1 5/2 6/3 2/4
f 2/1 6/2 7/3 3/4
f 3/1 7/2 8/3 4/4
f 5/1 1/2
4/3 8/4
My questions are, why are there only 4 texture coordinates, instead of one per position, and why are there two numbers in the index data (e.g. 1/1, instead of just 1).
I hope that makes sense, and thanks.