ILG helps connect indies with composers

Started by
2 comments, last by MoritzPGKatz 12 years, 2 months ago
[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

Hi there![/font]

My name is Vince, I'm a composer and the creator of the site[/font] Indie Loop Garden[color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

which has recently launched, aimed at connecting game musicians with indie devs who may not know where to look. [/font]

The artists behind the site are experienced composers responsible for games like Fez, Aiko Isalnd,Soulcaster and Hydorah to name just a few. We've contributed to events like the Indie Game Music Bundle and the OCRemix 25yearlegend (Zelda) project. [/font]

We composers figure that for devs, trawling through forums can yield mixed results at best. Yet sound is an incredibly important part of games. Why should you risk leaving the audio for your precious game in the hands of an unknown? [/font]

Thats why we decided to make things easier by handpicking a bunch of talented freelancers (based on their track record and high production values) and then putting their portfolios and contact details together in one place. All you have to do is browse through by category and contact the musician that you like the sound of the most. We cover everything from orchestral to chiptunes. [/font]

Everyone on the site is a gamer too and gets excited about collaborating on great games. They will work hard to find a suitable price point so that they can get involved with your project.[/font]

As if all this wasn't enough, we've even provided some useful resources for new devs concerning issues like pricing, copyright and licensing.[/font]

Feel free to check out our site, we'd really value your feedback and welcome any suggestions you might have! Say hi either here or on twitter (@indieloopgarden) or shoot me an email at[/font][email="vince@indieloopgarden.com"]vince@indieloopgarden.com[/email][color=#111111][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

if you have any questions. [/font]

We'd also love to hear where you guys currently go to get music?[/font]

Thanks and happy gaming [/font]smile.png

*Vince [/font]

Links:[/font]

www.indieloopgarden.com

3 minute audio showreel [/font]http://soundcloud.co...-garden/play-me

Tweet @indieloopgarden[/font]

blog: [/font]http://www.indieloopgarden.com/blog/

My website [/font]www.vincewebb.com

Advertisement
1). This is a portfolio post and this is not the correct section for that.
2). ILG helps connect indies with already well-known, successful and (presumably) well-connected composers. I fear this just broadens the gap between the non-serious free composers and those who are already successful.

I won't just wallow in between but that just means some of us will have to work a whole lot harder to get noticed ;)

Good luck guys
Calum Bowen,
Composer & Sound Designer,
www.calumbowen.com
Agree with Calum here - I think having a place for developers to go and get quality audio for their game is great, but the people that you're promoting almost don't need the promotion. While they're undoubtedly of high calibre, I think there's a great opportunity here to help people of a "lower" ranking, i.e. those who have the talent and skills but haven't yet got the client base of some of your composers. Promotion is one of the hardest areas for a new composer, and you could potentially be in a position to really help out, to mutual benefit.

Perhaps a good model would be to have two strands:
1) Having a high quality roster of in-house composers to cater to any client demands
2) Having those composers vet new applicants, providing feedback to the applicant and potentially more talent for you to represent. The more you have on board, the more styles you cover and the more likelihood you have of becoming the "go to" place for devs looking for music.

Just ideas anyway - and just so you know, you'll mostly find composers and audio guys in this section, so you may want to post somewhere where devs will see it too. :)
Jonny Martyr
Composer & Sound Designer for Games & Film
www.jonnymartyr.com
Not meaning to derail, and I do agree with Calum and Jonny, but did this move from the Music and Sound section to the Help Wanted section?

I thought this part of the forum was closed to new topics? I paid to have my ad listed in the Classifieds. Mods, please clarify.

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement