GDC 2012

Started by
27 comments, last by sanwayzar 12 years, 1 month ago
Last year my pass was on GameDev.net, so I had to book a flight and hotel last minute. The hotel was a bad but cheap choice, and the last-minute (1 day notice) flight was roughly $250. This year I will book my flight in the next 2 days to get the best price I possibly can. Hotel has been done for a few weeks at about $200/person for 2.
Advertisement

and the last-minute (1 day notice) flight was roughly $250.

Out of curiousity, where do you live?
My airfare out of Newark Int'l for a cross-country hop was $389.60 round trip - I booked it at the end of last month.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

20090109fries2.jpg
Soon...

[quote name='adam4813' timestamp='1330487095' post='4917609']
and the last-minute (1 day notice) flight was roughly $250.

Out of curiousity, where do you live?
[/quote]

Minot, ND. Though I had to drive 2 hours to fly as it was cheaper from the capitol (Bismarck).
I should be out there in the area.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

I'll be there!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I just found out I have an extra cot in my room. It's about $70-80/night if anyone did not plan ahead/had plans fall through or knows someone who fits that situation.
I'm not going, nor am I playing the mod-meta-game sad.png

But now I have Drew's cell phone number so I know what I'm doing when I get bored biggrin.png

And on a more serious note, I'm going to make an official request of all those going: Have a competition to see which GameDev user can get the most pictures with booth babes.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
From what I've seen, there are very few booth babes at GDC. I guess that is probably a positive. However if you step outside, there are usually women advertising for the local gentleman's clubs.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement