two problems

Started by
2 comments, last by gershon kats 22 years, 7 months ago
i have two problems: 1.let a1,a2,a3,...,an(n>3) be real numbers that a1+a2+...+an>=n and a1^2+a^2+...+an^2>=n^2 prove that max(a1,a2,...,an)>=2 2.let a0,a1,...,an be numbers from the interval (0,p/2) such that tan(a0-p/4)+tan(a1-p/4)+...+tan(an-p/4)>=n-1. prove that tan(a0)*tan(a1)*...*tan( an)>=n^(n+1)
hello
Advertisement
Whoa! What do you think this is? "Do my homework forum?" Even if you wish to ask people here for their help, be a bit more diplomatic than "prove that..." or "solve for..."

The principle of these forums is to get help on things you have tried. If you have tried these problems (this and the one you posted yesterday), do us the courtesy of showing your workings or stating how you tried to solve it. Alternatively, ask for methods to use in solving the equations.
Well this does look an awful lot like a homework problem.

Unless gershon kats can convince me that the problem relates to game development, I''m going to close the thread.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
I''m closing this thread and several others because the question appears to be a school homework assignment from a math class. The purpose of homework is to teach students to build their comprehension of a subject and their problem-solving skills, possibly with the assistance of other students in the same class or teachers of the class. Especially for math problems such as the one posed here, it is absolutely NOT appropriate to seek the answers from folks outside one''s class or school.

These forums are to be used for assistance in game development activities only.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement