Portal 3?

Started by
10 comments, last by Sirisian 12 years, 1 month ago
So, I just finished playing Portal 2 for the second time, Gotta love that game.
I was wondering if there would be a sequel.
Wheatley is in space, Glados kicked us out, But i guess valve will have a exhaust reason to bring another sequel that Wheatley is in space..\
I dont want Portal 2 to end like half-life :'(
What do you guys think?
Advertisement
Valve probably is waiting to launch hl3/ep3(yes i know...) with a new source engine to begin the third installments in all their series.
Also portal is pretty much a sucess,its not my favorite game personally(maybe i am not mutch into puzzle only games), just expect some "valve time" for the next one,you can be sure on that.

Valve probably is waiting to launch hl3/ep3(yes i know...) with a new source engine to begin the third installments in all their series.
Also portal is pretty much a sucess,its not my favorite game personally(maybe i am not mutch into puzzle only games), just expect some "valve time" for the next one,you can be sure on that.

Didn't Gabe Newell come out and say that the source engine is more iterative and always developing, not version dependent? I'm fairly certain he said something along those lines when someone asked if CS:GO was using a new engine.

Didn't Gabe Newell come out and say that the source engine is more iterative and always developing, not version dependent? I'm fairly certain he said something along those lines when someone asked if CS:GO was using a new engine.

That's the big thing about the Source engine from the beginning. It's always been iterative supposedly very modular. Each new game pushes it forward and the enhancements are sometimes back-ported to the older games.

Still, I'm expecting them to greatly overhaul alot of the rendering engine before the next Halflife installment. Since it's been 5 years since Halflife 2: Episode 2 came out, and we still have zero info about the next game, I'm guessing they are making another full-sequel instead of an episodic installment.

I'm secretly hoping they'll add Digital Molecular Matter, Euphoria, and Farcry 2's fire simulations to the engine for Halflife 3/Episode 3. tongue.png
People derogatorily call Halflife 2 a 'physics sandbox'; but it is, it's a fun one.
Valve doesn't do trilogies. TF, L4D, Portal, HL. For all we know they are working on a new IP. Half-Life 2 Episode 2 should have made this trend obvious. The only possible sequel that would work is HL2:series2:episode 1 where each series is 2 episodes. Doubt they'd do that though.

Valve doesn't do trilogies. TF, L4D, Portal, HL. For all we know they are working on a new IP. Half-Life 2 Episode 2 should have made this trend obvious. The only possible sequel that would work is HL2:series2:episode 1 where each series is 2 episodes. Doubt they'd do that though.

At first I laughed... then I cried.
Well the Space Sphere lands in Skyrim, so I'd imagine Wheatley might land on the same planet (considering the gravitational pull and what-not). Then perhaps these lower-civilized species see Wheatley as a god and he creates an army of intergalactic morons.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
I think there could be some potential in a game that covers the events that lead up to the first game around or shortly after the time glados takes over aperture.
My current game project Platform RPG

Valve probably is waiting to launch hl3/ep3

Is it not quite likely that HL2: Ep3 is in fact a Portal cross-over?

Consider that at the end of Episode 2, Gordon and Alix are being dispatched to investigate a wrecked ship transporting dangerous Aperture Science technology. And as far as we know, the only other viable product besides the Portal gun to come out of Aperture Science, is the Heimlich counter-manouver - hardy something to send Gordon galloping to the ends of the Earth.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

[quote name='Keeper01' timestamp='1331831052' post='4922319']
Valve probably is waiting to launch hl3/ep3

Is it not quite likely that HL2: Ep3 is in fact a Portal cross-over?
[/quote]
Mind = blown.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement