Original Post
I saw AMD's "Leo" tech demo the other day and was pretty amazed by it. I was also surprised to see that it hadn't yet been mentioned on gamedev.net (that I can find). Here are the links.
AMD's Website
Youtube Video
They say that they are using a forward renderer that uses compute shaders to cull lights on a tile basis, which reminded me of this thread I saw on this site a while back.
I'm really interested to see just how feasible this is and how it stacks head to head with tile based deferred rendering for a strictly D3D11 based engine.
AMD's Website
Youtube Video
They say that they are using a forward renderer that uses compute shaders to cull lights on a tile basis, which reminded me of this thread I saw on this site a while back.
I'm really interested to see just how feasible this is and how it stacks head to head with tile based deferred rendering for a strictly D3D11 based engine.