Original Post
Is there any usable, actively maintained game library for Squeak/Pharo? Preferably a low level wrapper around OpenGL, but others would work as well. Now this is mostly out of curiosity (Smalltalk is always nice for trying things out, so it's also great for writing prototypes).
The problem I have so far is that most projects I find have either already been discarded or were apparently written specifically for a version that I don't use. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it's still annoying (and that's only graphics. Haven't found anything on Keyboard/Mouse/GamePad input (of course mouse and keyboard has to be there somewhere, else Pharo wouldn't work) or sound yet.)
Though I suppose if such a library doesn't exist, I will try Scala/LWJGL instead.
(Oh, and before anyone brings it up: Performance is, at the present, a non issue for me. Interpreted or not, it will be a while until I start writing stuff where performance problems come due to anything other than my own incompetence, so I prefer to write my code the way I consider fun rather than what's maximally efficient.)
The problem I have so far is that most projects I find have either already been discarded or were apparently written specifically for a version that I don't use. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it's still annoying (and that's only graphics. Haven't found anything on Keyboard/Mouse/GamePad input (of course mouse and keyboard has to be there somewhere, else Pharo wouldn't work) or sound yet.)
Though I suppose if such a library doesn't exist, I will try Scala/LWJGL instead.
(Oh, and before anyone brings it up: Performance is, at the present, a non issue for me. Interpreted or not, it will be a while until I start writing stuff where performance problems come due to anything other than my own incompetence, so I prefer to write my code the way I consider fun rather than what's maximally efficient.)