Original Post
Blender is a very popular asset creation suite, which is usually cited as a worthy open source alternative to packages like Max and Maya, but very few people know that it also ships with a full fledged 3D Game Engine.
In my desire to make the Blender Game Engine more popular, and to help aspiring beginners, I created a set of video tutorials, which show the development of two relatively simple games:
Turret Defense - A very basic game that utilizes "logic bricks" to program simple behavior.
Tunnel Runner - A more complex game that utilizes the Python programming language.
The feedback from the Blender community was overwhelmingly positive, and I continued to produce additional videos. The most involved, up to this point, is a tutorial on "basic" networking/sockets, which flirts with the 1 hour mark; the rest of the videos are in the 30 minute range (for the most part), and can be viewed on my youtube channel, in the BGE Request Batch.
I hope that some of you will find these tutorials to be useful.
Also, any kind of feedback is welcome - be it positive or negative - as long it's constructive, it's very much appreciated.
In my desire to make the Blender Game Engine more popular, and to help aspiring beginners, I created a set of video tutorials, which show the development of two relatively simple games:
Turret Defense - A very basic game that utilizes "logic bricks" to program simple behavior.
Tunnel Runner - A more complex game that utilizes the Python programming language.
The feedback from the Blender community was overwhelmingly positive, and I continued to produce additional videos. The most involved, up to this point, is a tutorial on "basic" networking/sockets, which flirts with the 1 hour mark; the rest of the videos are in the 30 minute range (for the most part), and can be viewed on my youtube channel, in the BGE Request Batch.
I hope that some of you will find these tutorials to be useful.
Also, any kind of feedback is welcome - be it positive or negative - as long it's constructive, it's very much appreciated.