Original Post
Hi all!
Like in previous posts here, I'm brand new to the industry and with the answers on those topics suggesting to learn a program language (or at least the basics) I'm confused at which one, and what to do with it.
If I want to put an arcade mode that's similar to tower defense on the main menu, how would I do that? Would I need to code that all? If I wanted to create customizations, and unlocks, and hidden secrets In levels, would I need to code that?
Basically, I have NO knowledge of programming and I'm clueless to even know what to do with it. Or what I can do with it. If I want to create a catapult, how would I code that? If I want Said catapult to be customizable, do I have to code that?
You don't have to answer these questions if you don't know how, I'm really looking for what language to use and what I could do with it, alon with an example or so if that's possible.
Any advice to a true beginner would be great!
Thanks,
Chris941
Like in previous posts here, I'm brand new to the industry and with the answers on those topics suggesting to learn a program language (or at least the basics) I'm confused at which one, and what to do with it.
If I want to put an arcade mode that's similar to tower defense on the main menu, how would I do that? Would I need to code that all? If I wanted to create customizations, and unlocks, and hidden secrets In levels, would I need to code that?
Basically, I have NO knowledge of programming and I'm clueless to even know what to do with it. Or what I can do with it. If I want to create a catapult, how would I code that? If I want Said catapult to be customizable, do I have to code that?
You don't have to answer these questions if you don't know how, I'm really looking for what language to use and what I could do with it, alon with an example or so if that's possible.
Any advice to a true beginner would be great!
Thanks,
Chris941