Original Post
Hi everybody, this is my first post here, I didn't know where to get help and this looks like the right place.
I have experience programming some basic things in ActionScript3. But I never really made a proper game. Just very basic ones like a pong, a puzzle, and I've been lately following the series Staring with Starling from [color=#666666]Hemanth Sharma at http://www.hsharma.com/tutorials/.
He's teaching to make some sort of platformer, (you can see where I'm at with it at http://testing.fyrastudio.com/lab/starling/2012-07-01/) and I'm getting some nice game programming concepts from there, but until he releases the next one, I want to start making my own.
I already have the assets and it involves several concepts in the same game... but let's begin with one...
The idea is for an athlete to be running forward. The "camera" is like a first person. I say "camera" because it's 2D. I'm attaching a still so you can all get a better idea.
Now, the problem is that I don't know how to start... or how the logic would work... I'm not asking for anyone to code anything for me, just to help me turn my head around this to understand the logic that I would have to make in order for the character to be advancing forward, the obstacles coming up once in a while, and coming to a finish line...
I hope I could make myself clear, and that this is placed in the right forum with the right title. If any moderator seems it should be placed or named otherwise, just do it...
Thanks a lot and I hope anyone can help me, and that this post may be of help to anyone in the future...
Cheers!!
I have experience programming some basic things in ActionScript3. But I never really made a proper game. Just very basic ones like a pong, a puzzle, and I've been lately following the series Staring with Starling from [color=#666666]Hemanth Sharma at http://www.hsharma.com/tutorials/.
He's teaching to make some sort of platformer, (you can see where I'm at with it at http://testing.fyrastudio.com/lab/starling/2012-07-01/) and I'm getting some nice game programming concepts from there, but until he releases the next one, I want to start making my own.
I already have the assets and it involves several concepts in the same game... but let's begin with one...
The idea is for an athlete to be running forward. The "camera" is like a first person. I say "camera" because it's 2D. I'm attaching a still so you can all get a better idea.
Now, the problem is that I don't know how to start... or how the logic would work... I'm not asking for anyone to code anything for me, just to help me turn my head around this to understand the logic that I would have to make in order for the character to be advancing forward, the obstacles coming up once in a while, and coming to a finish line...
I hope I could make myself clear, and that this is placed in the right forum with the right title. If any moderator seems it should be placed or named otherwise, just do it...
Thanks a lot and I hope anyone can help me, and that this post may be of help to anyone in the future...
Cheers!!