[ Win32 | DevIL ] Cannot get ilutWinLoadImage to work

Started by
0 comments, last by programering 11 years, 7 months ago
Hi.

I am having a trouble to properly load an image with the DevIL's ilutWinLoadImage(hDC)function. On my first attempt with displaying the loaded image it didn't show up at all. But later I managed to get the image to display but now just in black&white though it originally is in colors.

Here is an approximately holistic idea of how I try to get it to work, taken from my originally very messed up code:

In my function that loads the image HBITMAP/HDC:

m_hImageDC = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL); // Seemed to be required before passing it.
m_hImageBmp = ilutWinLoadImage(L"TheImage.bmp",m_hImageDC);
SelectObject(m_hImageDC, m_hImageBmp); // <-- This was added in the second attempt which got it to show up, but just in b&w.

In the WindowProc's WM_PAINT msg of the window to display the image:

case WM_PAINT:
l_hWndDC = BeginPaint(p_hWnd, &paintstruct);
BitBlt(l_hWndDC, 100, 100, 240, 40, l_drawContext->GetTheImageHDC(), 0, 0, SRCCOPY);
EndPaint(p_hWnd, &paintstruct);

What procedures(additionally Win32 function calls) do you usually have to make to get this ilutWinLoadImage(hDC) to work as it is supposed to?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Turns out that I found the documented solution for this problem while goggling once again though I took myself a long time to try looking(through numerous unsuccessive search queries) for it and solving it by myself before starting this topic. So typical. But I'll provide the source for it so that others that might encounter the same problem can benefit from this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/139165 via http://forums.codegu...SetBitmapBits()

Now Solved.

Edit:

Actually the solution will be in this case: (the correct Win32 API call procedures to get ilutWinLoadImage to work)

hdc = GetDC(NULL); // or: hdc = l_hWndDC;
hdcMem = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc);
hBitmap = ilutWinLoadImage(L"TheImage.bmp",hdc); // <-- a HDC retrieved by GetDC of your destination DC, Not by CreateCompatibleDC.
SelectObject(hdcMem, hBitmap);

BitBlt(l_hWndDC,100,100,240,40,hdcMem,0,0,SRCCOPY);

// And don't forgetting to release and delete the respective HDC's when done with them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement