Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

My new 3D game

Started by Yildiz-online Sep 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM 53 replies 13.7k views
Original Post
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Hi, cool.png

Here i ll introduce "Yildiz-online".

Just to give you an idea about Yildiz, it is a massively multiplayer strategy game(MMORTS). It's a combination of classical startegy game(like: Homeword or Starcraft) and management game(like: Ogame).

The game takes place in outer space colonized by humans, a lost expedition found abandonned space bases built by unknown civilization. After some centuries they developped and colonized the entire system.

The game is entirely in 3 dimensions. Goal is to develop and assure the management of its base,or if you wish, to create an army to attack other players to steal their resources.

It can be played on windows and linux platform.

NB: for more information, pictures and videos about the game, I invite you to visit the facebook page: www.facebook.com/yildizonlinegame


[media]
[/media]
Please do not hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions cool.png
Legendre
Legendre
Why do I get a warning in Chrome when I click on your link?


This is probably not the site you are looking for!

You attempted to reach yildiz.bitbucket.org, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as bitbucket.org. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of yildiz.bitbucket.org.

You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
[/quote]
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Hi Ashaman73,

Im new to this forum so I didn't know where to post this but thank you anyway for telling me where I should post it.
I invite you to ckeck my fb page to see the screens and a video how Yildiz runs.
and about the screen I posted just to give you an idea how it looks like because the game originally is in french but it suggested two languages(French and English too)
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
@legendre
The warning you got maybe caused by using https instead of http in URL, or maybe invalid certificate from bitbuckets, i m not sure, i am also using chrome and all is fine.
this one run fine:
http://yildiz.bitbucket.org/

@Ashaman73
You're right about the screens here are some:

Main game view:

1.jpg


The management view for a building(french, also exists in english)

2.jpg
Unduli
Unduli
I thought it was a Turkish project but apparently not.

I am not big fan of 3D in strategy but still good luck.
mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden
Purgatory
Purgatory
If I were you, I wouldn't plagiarize. The image you have set as your default image is taken directly from Area 51 (PC/Xbox game, http://en.wikipedia....2005_video_game)). Just a friendly reminder about copyrights and all that jazz. Your GUI looks good.
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online

If I were you, I wouldn't plagiarize. The image you have set as your default image is taken directly from Area 51 (PC/Xbox game, http://en.wikipedia....2005_video_game)). Just a friendly reminder about copyrights and all that jazz. Your GUI looks good.


Thank you for the reminder, but it is just forum avatar, not used in the game at all(no aliens involved in the game, only human for now).
But indeed ill use my logo instead, at least for consistency and to avoid misunderstanding like that.

Thanks for the GUI, i am developper and it is not always easy to make correct visual assets(The GUI has been redesigned 5 times)

A new video involving an assault on a base will follow soon, thank you for your interest.
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Alpha test is going well and many bugs were fixed. There is going to be a change concerning the log in interface soon. I'll post the screen when it is done
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Hi all, some news:

The launcher is working well, it will automatically download the latest files, replace the corrupted and launch the game.

Here is the new log in screen:
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Hi everybody smile.png

Here are some updates:



-network transfert optimized.

-map system(planets, suns, asteroids) fully working.

-texture number reduction with new icon generator.

-compositor to improve render.

-chat system.

Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Updates:


-VFS resources loading is working.



-resources cleaning is progressing.



-Public alpha test is going to be launched soon.
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Updates:

-Server is deployed.

-Currently Writing a handbook to explain game mechanics and how to play.

-Then account creation app will be the last step before alpha.
Yildiz-online
Yildiz-online
Updates:

-The game has been made ready to accept 100 accounts(it is far too many for a first test week but it is currently the maximum number of bases allowed in a solar system).

-Public alpha will start today at 7pm GMT.

-For more info check my website: http://yildiz.bitbucket.org

-You can report bugs or give your suggestions on: http://yildizonline-alpha.xooit.com/index.php



PS: linux binaries will be available when windows release is considered stable. This way you will have a more stable version and you won't face difficulties as the current windows users.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.