Original Post
Hello guys, I want to create a game engine and i am confused with things. Can anyone say the things i need to know please..
Hello guys, I want to create a game engine and i am confused with things. Can anyone say the things i need to know please..
I want to know the language i need to learn
and also the graphic thing. I need to know the sections i need to learn in the specific language and also in the graphics library. I need a clear answer for this.[/quote]
You will need a good grasp on everything that's important. What that is, only experience can tell you.
The game which is created by my game engine should work in pc, mac, ps3, xbox.[/quote]
Your engine doesn't create games, you create games. ;)
Try Unity, that's a popular cross-platform engine.
And guys i did not post anything because i am not started yet. I need some guide in it. For now i am learning so it would be more easier for me to learn if i know what to learn[/quote]
Learn to make a game, using an existing engine. Then you can make a "game engine", because you know how to use one.
Ya, i have unity 3.5 pro, i am using it. I also use cryengine 3 and unreal engine 3. Now i want to create my own because then i can make my game more easily.
Why do you think it'd be more easy to create a game with your own engine instead of with a highly polished and proven solution like CE3 or UE3? Building something which can compete with those engines would require loads of time, money and expertise from you and your co-workers.
[quote name='Radikalizm' timestamp='1351169640' post='4993774']
Why do you think it'd be more easy to create a game with your own engine instead of with a highly polished and proven solution like CE3 or UE3? Building something which can compete with those engines would require loads of time, money and expertise from you and your co-workers.
[quote name='Inukai' timestamp='1351142460' post='4993685']
http://scientificnin...mes-not-engines
[quote name='Sugavanas' timestamp='1351171264' post='4993782']
[quote name='Radikalizm' timestamp='1351169640' post='4993774']
Why do you think it'd be more easy to create a game with your own engine instead of with a highly polished and proven solution like CE3 or UE3? Building something which can compete with those engines would require loads of time, money and expertise from you and your co-workers.
Care to elaborate? I haven't read it in a while, but I when I did I thought it was precisely the advice that beginners should get.
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more