Setting up SFML in Code::Blocks

Started by
5 comments, last by superman3275 11 years, 5 months ago
I have tried lot`s of tutorials about setting up SFML library, but none of them havent helped me.

So i was wondering if anyone could explain me what you need and what to do, so it would work!

Im using CodeBloks 10.05 and i want to use SFML 2.0!
Advertisement
Go to http://www.sfml-dev.org/download.php
Then search the "C++ | version 2.0 RC"
and in that for " Windows 32 bits - GCC SJLJ (Code::Blocks) (15.7 MB) "
and download that Quick link ( http://www.sfml-dev....2-gcc4-sjlj.zip )

Then open codeblocks.
Create empty project.
Rightclick project name and select "Properties"
in 1st tab "Project Setting" select "Project's build options..." its abovde "Cancel" button
Then select 2nd tab "Linker settings"
and add these

mingw32
sfml-system
sfml-graphics
sfml-window
sfml-audio
sfml-network

Then select 3rd tab "Search directories"
Then select first bellow tab "Compiler"
Click "Add" and find your "sfml/include/" folder //////seach location where you downloaded the link

Then select second bellow tab "Linker"
Click "Add" and find your "sfml/lib/" folder //////seach location where you downloaded the link

Then go intro youre "sfml/bin/" folder and copy all the dll's and copy intro your project folder "/bin/" folder where your executable should be located.

And your set for programing!
Just thought I should add that it is probably a good idea to build everything from source as things have changed since the RC was released.

Also, I read something about the SFML libraries not being compatible with the MinGW compiler that comes with CB 10.05 for SFML 1.6. I'm not sure if this is still something going on with the 2.0 RC.

Interestingly enough I had trouble getting 2.0 working as well when I tried. I'll see if following the steps above work!
It didn`t work
Tried like 3 times, nothing!
"It didn't work" isn't really very informative. What happened?
I finaly figured it out!
All this time it was my fault, i think. First i dind`t instal minGW and i think that was the bigest problem!
Well, if you put the SFML directory where your project file is going to be, all you have to do is create a new project, go to "SFML 2.0 Project" when you get to choose which type of project you want, then use their guide (All you have to do in their guide is tell them where your SFML folder is and where your lib and include folder is (Both of those folders are inside of the SFML directory.))

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement