I am developing an online HTML5 tile-based MMORPG called 'Topia Online'. It features many things that ive always wished an online game would contain. Here is the feature list:
- A fully player-run world, where every creature is controlled by players.
- Permadeath ensures that each player takes responsibility for their actions.
- A powerful crafting system that allow players to create homes or dungeons.
- Dynamic procedurally generated sandbox world with no 'safe zones'.
- Every character is always 'logged in', resulting in a true persistent world.
- Play as any creature in the game, including wolves, vampires, or dragons.
- Built-in scripting system allows players to create artificial intelligence.
- Support for thousands of scripted characters on a single game server.
- Fully customizable game interface allows players to play the way they want.
I am 2 months away from a beta test. I will be launching at Kickstarter at the end of November. Please follow my dev blog, wiki, and forum for information about the game. This is the first official public announcement ive made about the game. I will be discussing it in more detail in two weeks.
Upcoming sandbox open-pvp perma-death HTML5 MMORPG
1 reply to this topic