• Create Account

Google MapView shows up blank on device

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 SuperVGA   Members   -  Reputation: 1118

0Likes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi guys! So, from what I've read during the weekend, yesterday and today this seems like one of a million posts about MapView displaying blank.
Only:
 - This is on the device.
 - This is with the release key. (which is also in use on the google play)
 - I've followed the guidelines. (and checked every step several times)
   (including https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/#classes)

I would like to sort of start over and create a new signing key for release,
but then I'd have to unpublish the app and sort of start a new one up, on google play.
This is a basic news app that has been extended over the releases, lately with a map feature.
This is why the MapView has been added later - it wasn't planned to start out with.

I've done this:
keytool -genkey -v -keystore release.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg DSA -keysize 2048 -validity 100000
// REM answered the questions.
keytool -v -list -keystore release.keystore
// REM Noted the MD5 sum
Typed in the MD5 sum over at https://developers.google.com/android/maps-api-signup
// REM Copied the resulting com.google.android.maps.MapView -node and api key,
// REM and used these in my code
It used to work fine with the debug keystore generated by eclipse ADT (where i repeated the steps after the key generation as above), but for some reason even that has stopped working now.

I even went over to the api console and try adding the keys there (For Maps API v2), but it didn't make any difference so I removed them again.

The account I used at developers.google.com/android/maps-api-signup is the same as the one I use with google play.

Sorry about the confusing description, or if I'm being too vague. Please ask all the questions you like,
I'm dying to solve this problem. Thanks! :)

Edited by SuperVGA, 06 November 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS