Original Post
So I have a game that allows you to host or connect to someone hosting a game. I'm using the "enet" network library. The connect fuction for the client requires an IP address to connect too.
I want the client to browse the local network and find any users that have hosted the game and accepting join requests. I don't need any complicated matchmaking service or anything. I just want local network users able to sit down and one person hits host, the other hits join.
Is there some lower level network api calls that would help me accomplish this goal? Right now, I have a text box and the joining user has to enter the IP address of the host.
I want the client to browse the local network and find any users that have hosted the game and accepting join requests. I don't need any complicated matchmaking service or anything. I just want local network users able to sit down and one person hits host, the other hits join.
Is there some lower level network api calls that would help me accomplish this goal? Right now, I have a text box and the joining user has to enter the IP address of the host.