Topia Online - An MMORPG for game developers

Started by
10 comments, last by JoshNet83 11 years, 4 months ago
I'm the lead developer of Topia Online, a massively multiplayer sandbox RPG. Everything in Topia Online can be programmed by the players using built-in editors. The engine itself will be licensed out to fellow indie developers so that they can create their own MMORPGs.

Our Kickstarter just went live as well:
http://www.kickstart...online?ref=live
Advertisement
Looks very promising! Kudos to Jenn, those sprites look amazing!
Thank you so much! Im glad you think so, we've had a lot of trouble with people not preferring the sprites. ;-)
looks very nice, hope you guys reach the desired funding and finish the game!
We sure hope so too. We're realizing how difficult it is to market this sort of game now, even to the indie community. Game development is hard!
Hope you guys can pull this off. Very big undertaking but will be AMAZING if completed. Funding this for sure and will spread the word! Best of luck!
Wow, that's creative!
The problem I see is that I, as a programmer, will come to your game terribly overpowered. I could instantly program in boss weapons and azng armor, etc. It'll be interesting to see how you handle this problem.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Scripts execute within the context of your character, which means that your character must have the associated skills and resources to execute certain script commands. Therefore, you can't just code yourself 'god items' without having all the necessary prerequisites.
I got emotional watching the video. I really want to play this so bad. Great rewards. Thank you for making this game. I will be watching this project, and I hope it becomes a huge success.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement