I Made A Programming Comic

Started by
1 comment, last by Dasttann777 11 years, 4 months ago

So, I made this picture in MS Paint earlier while I was bored. I call it "The Naive Programmer," starring myself. Its not very funny, but you get the point, I was just saying how IMHO, learning all of the different API's used to build something useful can be much more challenging than learning the language itself. Here it is (prepare NOT to laugh)

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

Advertisement

[quote name='MrJoshL' timestamp='1356835325' post='5015608']
I was just saying how IMHO, learning all of the different API's used to build something useful can be much more challenging than learning the language itself.
[/quote]

It's fairly straightforward to read the documentation, and find what you need, provided that you understand the concepts encoded by the API in question.

If you don't understand those concepts, then learning an API is like learning a new language.

... In short: programming is hard.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Game Dev video tutorials -> http://www.youtube.com/goranmilovano | +---------------------------------------------------------------------+

Awesome! I thought it cute.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement