• Create Account

I Made A Programming Comic

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toothpix   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 810

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

So, I made this picture in MS Paint earlier while I was bored. I call it "The Naive Programmer," starring myself. Its not very funny, but you get the point, I was just saying how IMHO, learning all of the different API's used to build something useful can be much more challenging than learning the language itself. Here it is (prepare NOT to laugh)

C dominates the world of linear procedural computing, which won't advance. The future lies in MASSIVE parallelism.

Sponsor:

#2 Goran Milovanovic   Members   -  Reputation: 1104

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I was just saying how IMHO, learning all of the different API's used to build something useful can be much more challenging than learning the language itself.

It's fairly straightforward to read the documentation, and find what you need, provided that you understand the concepts encoded by the API in question.

If you don't understand those concepts, then learning an API is like learning a new language.

... In short: programming is hard.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Game Dev video tutorials  ->   http://www.youtube.com/goranmilovano |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

#3 Dasttann777   Members   -  Reputation: 104

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Awesome! I thought it cute.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS