• Create Account

DirectX 11.0 Desktop games using Windows SDK 8.0 in VS2012

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 CtrlAllDelete   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi. I am looking for tutorials on developing DirectX 11.0 desktop games using the new DirectX SDK (which is part of the new Windows SDK 8.0). Most tutorials I found ask about downloading the June 2010 DX SDK.

I have Visual Studio 2012 ultimate installed on Windows 8 Pro.

I am a newbie to DX. Please suggest some non-MSDN beginner tutorials and/or a good book.

Sponsor:

#2 Dunge   Members   -  Reputation: 405

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

There's probably not much of a difference between the two SDK versions except some very specialized features, nothing worth worrying for a beginner. If you find any DX11 (or even DX10) tutorials, they will still work great.

#3 Zaoshi Kaba   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4165

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

The only difference is that D3DX isn't available on Windows 8. But there's replacement for it, Google should find it easily.

#4 CtrlAllDelete   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

One big problem is how to set up DirectX on visual studio. It is different now. Code samples from existing tutorials cannot be used (compile errors). No tutorial tells what changes to make, where are the changes, what to include more-what not to include etc...i.e. how to get things running! :(

#5 Memories are Better   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 769

0Likes

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee663275(v=vs.85).aspx That may be useful

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS