• Create Account

What do you need to be your own publisher

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

So let's say I make a game,me and my team.And we decide that we'll publish the game using my name.

What should I ask a lawyer for? I mean I tried to make one understand what I want to do,but Game publisher...is not something that they encounter every day.

So can someone please explain what should I ask for? In law terms?

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9934

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

When you say, "using my name," what does that mean?  You'd publish the game as "Noatom Smith's game, published by Noatom Smith"?

And when you say, "what should I ask a lawyer for," do you have something specific in mind, like collaboration agreement with your team, tax laws...?

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well...I'd like it to appear on a different name,not just noatom adam for example.And I wouldn't want to involve other people in this.It would be just like:<br /><br />me + team make a game<br />i publish the game<br />the money that I receive I will split the team

#4 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9934

0Likes

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Write a collaboration agreement with your team (if any members of your team are people). See the article at miaentertainmentlaw.com

Check your government's websites to find out about business regulations, tax regulations.

Check out the directory of game attorneys at obscure.co.uk

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#5 Greg Quinn   Members   -  Reputation: 151

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Have you considered getting a company registered and publishing the game under that company name?

Register yourself as the sole director, and for each member who contributes outline a profit sharing agreement on that specific title, between the company and the contributors.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS