New Adventure Game - Paxamore Online

Started by
1 comment, last by jeffsbaker 11 years, 3 months ago

I recently made my first complete game. It is an online adventure game playable in the browser without any plugins. It is in the style of older adventure games like King's Quest and Secret of Monkey Island. Please let me know what you think and if you find any bugs.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/paxamore/

Jeff

Screenshot:

waterfall.jpg

Advertisement

That's pretty cool for an entirely in-browser game actually.

I couldn't figure out how to make an axe (sharp stone + rope + stick seemed logical, at least to me...)

One thing that's sort of bothersome is the way you use the arrow keys to move. I feel like pressing a direction should start moving, and releasing the direction should stop the movement (currently its press once to move in a direction and press button again to stop moving in that direction)

Didn't find much to do, to be honest though. I may go back and try to see if I can build a house, since the king seemed to imply I could.

Hi Milcho. Thanks for the comments. I did the arrow keys that way because that is the way the old King's Quest games used the arrow keys. It seemed logical to me, because it get tiring holding down the arrow key when you can press it just once to walk.

And to build an ax use: flat stone + rope + stick.

Good job though. Build a hammer with: round stone + rope + stick.

You can also ask the king about quests and things.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement