Borland C++ <-> VC++

Started by
3 comments, last by Wizz 22 years, 6 months ago
Can i write my code in VC++ the exact same way as in Borland? Or do I need to Modify my code if I what to use it in VC++? Thanks for your time Wizz
Advertisement
Huummm,

Well, the structure of the langage in both cases is the same. The only difference is in the compiler options and messages(which isn''t the same in both compilers). So I think if you want to port your code from Borland to Visual
you only have to change all the compiler specific stuff...

Humm think it''s all!
If your code was written in Borland C++ Builder using the VCL, you will find it hard to port your code, since VC++ doesnt support the VCL.

"A society without religion is like a crazed psychopath without a loaded .45"
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
ok i''ve decided to give C++ a bash, but does everyone agree the "Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days" is the best book to start of with?
A WHOLE AND RESOUNDING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days is by far the best introductory text. Jesse Liberty is the best writer i have ever seen, and i have read quite a few books. every little possible aspect of the language is explained with an example. Hidden follies are exposed, neat tricks are there, in short EVERYTHING. If you want to learn the C++ language (not specific libraries like MFC) GET THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ambassador: Mr. Bush are you stoned or just really, REALLY dumb?Pres. Bush - I assure you I am not stoned.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement