• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

HTML Canvas - drawing images in one colour

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 resle2   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sorry if this is not  the right forum, couldn't identify one to be html specific.

Simply put, how can I draw an image with transparency info, so that all non-transparent pixels are drawn using a given colour?

thanks

r.

Sponsor:

#2 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1557

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2359537/how-to-change-the-opacity-alpha-transparency-of-an-element-in-a-canvas-elemen

#3 resle2   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2359537/how-to-change-the-opacity-alpha-transparency-of-an-element-in-a-canvas-elemen

thanks - but, I may be slow.. i can't see a proper solution unless it is pixel by pixel alteration, in that link. is that the case?

#4 Steve_Segreto   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1557

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I believe that link says its as easy as changing the canvas' context data, specifically the GlobalAlpha value.

e.g.

context.globalAlpha = 0.5f; // Half transparency

Am I missing something?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS